X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SiliGoose
    • Aug 2000

Evolution of Tech

I had a conversation yesterday I thought interesting (yet pointless):

How has your personal collection of tech stuff evolved over the past 5 years? -that was the question...the measure was how many of specific "stuff" we own today that we couldn't have owned then. We kept our examples within the realm of things most people own so stuff like SACD players and pre/pros were left out of the loop.

Remote controls:
    5 years ago I probably had a total of 5 (2 TVs, DVD, CD, & receiver)
    Today I have more than I care to count...including 7 currently in use and sitting on my coffee table (believe it or not that clutter includes both a clutter-busting Pronto and the MX-700!! -I have no excusses )

DVD players:
    5 years ago these were a rare commodity. I had a basic Panasonic version I paid a whopping $600 for!! No wonder I had only one!
    Today I have 5 (2 dedicated DVD, Xbox, PS2, & PC).

Hard Drives:
    5 years ago I had one. I think it was only 15 gigs.
    Today I have at least 9 -and I think that's missing a few (5 in PC, Mac, iPod, ReplayTV, Xbox)...the guy I was talking to had over 20 (counting his Tivo units with multiple HD's).

What else?

-Sili
    www.campmurphy.net
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Sili, you've turned into a geek! LOL.

Oh geesh, not sure I can add all that up, except to say I have well more than my share of geekish stuff, including multiple prontos and marantz remotes. like 4 total. Probably 10 DVD capable products, oogles of HD space, like 250-300 gig. lol.

Enough, I'm not buying anything else!

Lex
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

I stay away from anything that tends to tax my tired old brain... like trying to program remotes. I'm not a very hi-tech kinda guy, I guess.

My Homepage!
      My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"