X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rock Dog
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2003

WOW! What a wonderful idea.

I decided to post this here. Because of member traffic, and because this subject kind of ties in with what we are all about. Our hobby, our interests.

I have no affiliation with this organization. A friend (internet friend ) whose been involved, mentioned it in passing. I simply thought it was a wonderful idea. I thought some of you (if you were not already aware of it) might like to know about this.

It is not my intention to offend or irratate anyone here. Posting this here is meant to relay information, and not to make anyone "feel bad," or "pressured." It's very simple, this is a really cool idea. From what I know about many of our members, you'll be glad I brought this to your attention. For those who feel I'm out of line posting this here, please... Simply pass it by, if it does not interest you. OK?

Elf Foundation

The Elf Foundation is a non-profit charity that brings the enchantment of uplifting music and film to sick children around the country. We create Rooms of Magic – private entertainment theaters – for children’s hospitals so that countless special kids can look forward to a delightful evening of laughter and intrigue..

-Thomas-

The easiest way to find something lost around the house, is to buy a replacement.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide Off-Topic section. It's FUN!!!

-Thomas-

As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide After Midnight section. It's FUN!!!
  • JonMarsh
    Mad Max Moderator
    • Aug 2000

Hello Thomas,

I've heard of the ELF foundation a couple of times, and I don't think there's anything out of line with you mentioning it here on the forum.

I've spent weeks in a pediatric ward at times, when my duaghter was younger and gravely ill with a kidney problem (ICU), so publicizing anything benefitting kids like this is a "Good Thing" in my book. Whether or how one wants to participate or help is a matter of personal choice.

Best regards,

Jon

Earth First!
    M8ta
    Modula Neo DCC
    Modula MT XE
    Modula Xtreme
    Isiris
    Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
    Minerva Monitor
    Calliope
    Ardent D

In Development...
    Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
    Obi-Wan
    Saint-Saëns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
    Modula PWB
    Calliope CC Supreme
    Natalie P Ultra
    Natalie P Supreme
    Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
    Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• Danbry39
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Sep 2002

It's a great idea!!! I saw the banner over at AVS a while back and immediately Paypaled them a donation. Would be interested in helping out if they start doing it in my area. Just to bring an evening of family togetherness that distracts from a clinical environment is invaluable. The way I figured is that I could spend at least as much as I might on a pair of interconnects to help set up a home theater experience for the kids.

Keith
      Keith

Comment

• Lex
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Apr 2001

Nice charity. While we aren't in the habit of asking members for donations for anything, I'll leave this here, but locked. I see no reason to add a lot of comments to it. If you want to give, give, and feel good about it.

Lex
        Doug
        "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"