X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pat
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2000

Save our Sounds

I saw this show on the history channel and thought some of you might find it interesting.
    Friday , April 04 6:00 AM-7:00 AM
    Save Our History: Save Our Sounds
    The Emmy Award-winning series chronicles the Smithsonian Institution's Center for Folklife and Cultural Heritage and the Library of Congress's American Folklife Center's fight to preserve audio recordings of our cultural history. Native-American chants, oral histories from slaves, music from legendary artists of the past, speeches of presidents and other historical figures--all are rapidly decaying. We hear from audio archivists and engineers, and musicians Mickey Hart, B.B. King, and David Crosby. TV G

Pat's Page
    Pat's Page
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

I hope they are successful, Pat.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!

Comment

• John Holmes
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Very interesting. Thanks Pat.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
      "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Pat
        Super Senior Member
        • Aug 2000

Just a remider...this show will be airing early Friday morning if you are interested.

Pat's Page
        Pat's Page

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"