X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lexman
    Super Senior Member
    • Jun 2000

DVD Tracker charging now!

I was amazed to find that now that I have entered my first 200 DVDs at DVD Tracker, they decide to start charging. I was about 50 DVDs behind on entry. Guess that saved me the trouble! lol.

I know, it's just 10 bucks a year, but if they were going to charge, they should have charged from the outset. not 1-2 years after the fact.

Personally, I refuse to pay for the service. Of course, it does cost money to store data, and perhaps those costs have escalated. I understand it all, but for me, it's just not worth it.

Lex
  • DavidY
    • Aug 2000

Hey, Lex, didn't you get an email in August/September from DVD Tracker saying that they will be charging $10 per year, beginning on September 15, 2000?

BTW, I am using an Excel spreadsheet to keep track of my DVD collection including owned, pre-orders, trades, previously owned, etc.?

Dave

Comment

• John Holmes
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

IMO, DVD Profiler has a superior program anyway. Lex you should check it out.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
      "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Lexman
        Super Senior Member
        • Jun 2000

I may have gotten it and just "fluffed" over it. Unless I have a reason to read newsletters, many times, they just doesn't get read.

Ok, John, I will check that out!

I was a little miffed at DVD Tracker anyway. I sent them an email trying to establish a partner type relationship with them, and they didn't even show me the courtesy of a reply. To me, that's just not nice when someone does you that way. This isn't the first time, and I am sure it won't be the last.

But if someone asks me something, they will get the courtesy of a reply, even if I can't or won't help them.

Lex

Comment

• John Holmes
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

I agree. It doesn't take much to be polite. Well, if you go to www.dvdprofiler.com you will find a true user friendly program that has a pay and a free setup. The difference between the pay vs free is: The payed application gives you higher rez cover art and the ability to turn off the advertisements.

When I started using them I did the free one but, for what they offer I think I am going to support them and upgrade. The program is that good!

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
          "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• SiliGoose
            • Aug 2000

Thanks for the info on DVD Profiler...that's the first I had heard of them. I just downloaded it. It only took me 20 minutes to enter my 150 DVDs using their UPC feature.

The sorting power of DVD Profiler is fantastic. It certainly blows DVD Tracker (and Excel) out of the water!

-Sili
            www.campmurphy.net

Comment

• John Holmes
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

Your welcome Sili. I'm glad I could help

Comment

• Lexman
                Super Senior Member
                • Jun 2000

I sent DVD Profiler a message about developing an association with htguide. But so far, no word.

I will be downloading the software soon. I suppose the big disadvantage for some would be, is your list available to others? I haven't researched it enough to know yet.

Lex

Comment

• John Holmes
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2000

Lex, I assume you mean for viewing?

Comment

• Lexman
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Jun 2000

Yes John, just as DVD Tracker allows people to see your list, u know?

Thanks,

Lex

Comment

• John Holmes
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Aug 2000

Lex,
                      It does have this feature, I have not taken the time to use it but, I have seen other that have.

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"