• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

August & September Looking Good!

August and September are looking GOOD for new DVD releases:

Lots of Superbit releases in August. And someone made September the month for Clint Eastwood and Don Knotts movies to come out.

David - HTGuide flunky
    Our "Theater"
    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Starship Troopers in Superbit! :banana: Oh yeah, baby! This is one of my all-time favorites, being packed full of military philosophy and ethics.

The only problem is, this is the THIRD edition of Starship Troopers that's been released, and the first two were already pretty good! My wife just saw me looking at this and told me NO on buying it a third time. Hmmm....we'll see.

CHRIS
    Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• Dean McManis
      Moderator Emeritus
      • May 2003

Like The Fifth Element, Starship Troopers was always a refernce quality DVD, used for many demos. But unlike The Fifteh Element, I'm not sure that I want to rebuy Starship Troopers. I haven't watched my ST DVD in a couple years,and I'm not sure that I need the Superbit version for a demo disc.

Now it's only a few years until HD-DVD comes out, so I'm not jumping at the bit to replace great looking DVDs so easily anymore.

-Dean,

Comment

• David Meek
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Starship Troopers leaves me very conflicted. I acknowledge the superior video and audio tranfers. As a standalone popcorn sci-fi flick it has its moments, and Denise Richards don't hurt the eyes much (as they say in East Texas).

But, I can't get past the monumental butchery performed on one of Robert Heinlein's greatest books. Grrrr. :evil: I've posted ad nausaeum on this on several forums and won't rehash it again. Let's just say I haven't bought this DVD yet - but the Superbit does have me thinking about it.

David - HTGuide flunky
        Our "Theater"
        Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

Tell you what... I'll take this over to a separate thread on Starship troopers. Good discussion flick.

CHRIS
          CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• David Meek
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

My wife just saw me looking at this and told me NO on buying it a third time. Hmmm....we'll see.

Chris, would she go for it if you sold the original version (not the SE) to offset the cost? I'm thinking about doing this with some duplicates, too.

David - HTGuide flunky
            Our "Theater"
            Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

Comment

• Chris D
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Dec 2000

David- Yeah, I've already got a stack of DVD's lying around that I've been meaning to getting around to selling. They're all repeats and upgrades that I've bought, like Air Force One, Jerry Maguire, Starship Troopers, etc.

I've got a stack of VCR tapes to sell too, but I may have missed my window with that one.

CHRIS
              CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"