X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • georgev
    • Jul 2004

Automatic HDMI Switchers

I need an HDMI switcher to use in a family room, to go between PS3 to DVD player and output to Display(Full HD).
    I am looking for one that will be able to switch sources automatcally on sensing the signal.
    Any such good ones around?
    I looked at the Kramer, but I don't think it does it automatically. It needs to be changed on the unit itself.
  • Blindamood
    • Sep 2003

I don't know if the Oppo switch is automatic, but it is very reasonably priced. My Zektor switcher is not automatic either, but using the Harmony remote, I can easily switch it to the right inputs as needed.
    Brad

Comment

• jorg
      • Jan 2006

hi,
      i have one from octavainc.com and 4 me works very fine

cu
      jorg

Comment

• PewterTA
        • Nov 2004

The Oppo one is awesome!

It does utilize automatic switching... It runs off a heirarchy system where 2 overides 3 and 1 overides 2. It does (only downside) take roughly 15 to 20 seconds for it to do the automatic switch downwards (from 1 to 2 or 2 to 3). Going up is instantaneous, as soon as the device is turned on it jumps to the higher up.

I also have had zero problems with the HDMI handshaking while switching...

I'd definitely say get it! :T
        Digital Audio makes me Happy.
        -Dan

Comment

• georgev
          • Jul 2004

Just got the Oppo and will hook it up this weekend(I hope).

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2001

Originally posted by georgev
            Just got the Oppo and will hook it up this weekend(I hope).
            Let us know how you make out, George. I'm thinking about the Oppo switch, too.
            My Homepage!

Comment

• PewterTA
              • Nov 2004

If you need it George, I'd say don't hesitate, it's the best one out there. Only maybe nice thing would've been more HDMI inputs for it, but three isn't bad.

-Dan
              -Dan

Comment

• georgev
                • Jul 2004

Well hooked it up this weekend and it is absolutely brilliant. It does switch automatically as mentioned and works on a hierarchy. If all inputs are on it will give priority to a predetermined one. If that is off it will switch to the one that has a signal. I set it up with my Harmony 885 and it is working great.

I have not detected any loss of quality in the picture quality compared to a direct connection to the display.
                All in all, very happy with it and would reccommend it highly.
                It can also be mounted out of sight(though you don't need to do so as it looks very nice), you can mount it on the wall as it has an IR receiver on the top.
                As you can see I am enamoured with it.

Comment

• PewterTA
                  • Nov 2004

Glad to hear it's working for you George! I figured you'd probably like it. :T
                  -Dan

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"