X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paul51
    • Nov 2005

Decission Hd-dvd players

OK Where is the format for HD DVD Going,Blue ray or HD? The electronic show in Vegas is over ,which one will survive? What site has the best price or do we have to wait until may for the new generation HD DVD's. Anyone have a good store with good support?
    Paul51
    Last edited by Paul51; 22 January 2008, 20:37 Tuesday.
  • Race Car Driver
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

I have all the answers.
    The answer is Betamax.
    B&W

Comment

• H.Donald
      • Aug 2004

HD-DVD recorders?...I'm in!!!

Comment

• Hdale85
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2006

The only burners I know of is a PC burner and I'm pretty sure there is only a Blu Ray burner.

Comment

• Dean McManis
          Moderator Emeritus
          • May 2003

Each side is claiming victory, but the format war is far from over.
          I'm expecting to see more multi-format players coming out that will make the point moot.
          Of course if some manufacturer comes out with a $100 Blu-ray or HD-DVD burner/reader for a PC that will move the gigantic PC market to adopt that format, whichever it is.

Comment

• H.T.C
            • Nov 2003

Warner made a statement about going exclusively blue-ray.
            Robert

Comment

• littlesaint
              • Jul 2007

The Warner move was a big blow, especially if the stories are true that they were going to go HD-DVD exclusive (along with Fox) until an 11th hour change of heart. Also makes me wonder if sales numbers really had anything to do with it, since they were so close to going the other way.

However, until all the studios are in one camp, you still need both to watch all new HD releases.
              Santino

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Comment

• maseline_98
                • Apr 2005

Originally posted by littlesaint
                The Warner move was a big blow, especially if the stories are true that they were going to go HD-DVD exclusive (along with Fox) until an 11th hour change of heart. Also makes me wonder if sales numbers really had anything to do with it, since they were so close to going the other way.

However, until all the studios are in one camp, you still need both to watch all new HD releases.
                I agree...everybody makes this move as if HD-DVD is a completely dead format now. I say that, 'It isn't over until it's over'. I also I don't know why sony and other companies are bringing players without 2.0 capibilities? I would probably buy a standalone player if it wasn't for that...

Lastly...who's to say that companies like the aforementioned Fox doesn't just jump ship and decide HD-DVD is over...then everybody would say, 'Oh...Red won now'.

Sony kds-60a2000\Panasonic BD-55k\XBOX 360 Premium(20gig)Slingbox\Xbox(flashed) running XBMC
                Emotiva UMC-1\Emotiva XPA-5\Klipsch (2)RF-7s with DeanG xover upgrade, RC-7 with DeanG xover upgrade, (2)RS-7s\SVS 20-39PC+

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"