Who are the celebs you know, have known, from your town...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Who are the celebs you know, have known, from your town...

Ok, I will start off. I went to high school with David Keith. Most famous from "An Officer and a Gentleman", "Indian in a Cupboard", various TV Cop shows.

Johnny Knoxville grew up next door to me. Of course, we all know who Johnny is, right? Actually, no, his name isn't Johnny at all, it's Philip John, known to his friends of old as "PJ".

Bob, you don't qualify for this contest, though we do want to hear your stories.

Lex
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Uh, that'd be, uh . . . no one.

David - HTGuide flunky
    Our "Theater"
    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• SiliGoose
      • Aug 2000

I used to play with Kate Capshaw's (Spielberg's wife) oldest daughter when we were kids. I don't remember it much though.

-Sili
      www.campmurphy.net

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2001

Anne Murray used to eat lunch across the street from where I worked at the daily newspaper in Halifax, way back before she became the famous singer.

My Homepage!
        My Homepage!

Comment

• Wireless
          • Feb 2001

I hired Peyton Manning for his first public appearence job after he was drafted by the Colts.

John
          My HT Picts
          John
          My HT Picts

Comment

• Brandon B
            Super Senior Member
            • Jun 2001

Do you even want to hear from people in L.A.? I went to Junior High in Mailbu with several famous and their offspring.

BB

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2001

Yes, yes, we want to hear.

My Homepage!
              My Homepage!

Comment

• Lex
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Apr 2001

Oh Brandon is such a tease. Malibu high, oh man, that must have been quite an experience! The stories he could tell I bet! Tell me you weren't a Malibu high geek, tell me it ain't so!

John, interesting. Speaking engagement? Payton is quite a good guy, IMO. Of course, he could own Knoxville if he wanted to, lol.

Lex
                Doug

Comment

• SiliGoose
                  • Aug 2000

I'm sure once Bob's hand is better he'll blow us all away with his celebrity list. I remember Bob once emailed me that he almost had Sean Connery call me at home just to see what I'd do. I would have hung up, of course, as I would have thought it was a prank call.

-Sili
                  www.campmurphy.net

Comment

• Wireless
                    • Feb 2001

Lex it was to stand in one of my stores and let people come by and say hello. He also did his first press conference there. I was really impressed with the poise of this young man. You could tell his whole life was centered around all aspects of becoming a celeb. He also got paid 20 grand for four hours of shaking hands and I can only imagine what he charges now!

John
                    My HT Picts
                    John
                    My HT Picts

Comment

• Lex
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Apr 2001

I could hear it now. Yeash, om, is Sile' there pleasee. Hard to put those inunciations in there he has in text, but you get the idea.

John, wow, that's something for 1 hour of work, huh? Now, I am trying to figure out what stores you have. lol. I guess he's up to 50 grand an hour, unless it's charity. probably anyways.

Interesting!

Lex
                      Doug

Comment

• Lex
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Apr 2001

actually, I do know one more used to be celeb, that no one would have heard of likely, a bass player (stand up). He played with Chick Corea's orchestra for a while, name is Rusty Holloway. But he finally settled back in Knoxville, plays some local jazz now, with knoxville jazz, or something like that.

Lex
                        Doug

Comment

• Brandon B
                          Super Senior Member
                          • Jun 2001

OK, I'm finally back.

Actually, when I went there, there was no Malibu High, it was a junior high and then you went to Santa Monica High.

So,

Emilio Estevez was my 8th grade class president.
                          Jimmy McNichol (Kristy's brother, she went there too) was in my art class.
                          Chad McQueen (Steve's kid) in my PE class.
                          Kevin Wilson (Flip's kid) in my english class.
                          Hung out with Henry Gibson's stepson and went to his house a lot.
                          Louis Gosset Jr. used to try and ride my skateboard when he walked by and I was out practicing. A surviving Wizard of Oz munchkin lived in our condo complex also. (1976)
                          Used to see Harvey Korman hanging out at the Colony supermarket all the time.
                          My bus riding friend lived in the Colony and played tennis with Paul Newman occasionally.
                          I worked at the supermarket in Malibu later and bagged groceries for Goldie hawn once.

More modern connections:
                          My wife's uncle was Brion James (Bladerunner, 5th element). Well really his brother is her uncle, but he came by at holidays.
                          Her dad was the Moody Blues manager for several years.
                          My carpool partner is friends with the Mummy, Arnold Vosloo (sp?)
                          My Wife worked at the American Film Institute for a few years, and we got to go to a couple of premier benefit events and meet (among others) Brendan Frasier, Tom Hanks and wife.

OK, so, who wants to touch me? (to be read aloud using Eric Cartman's voice).

Actually, if you live in L.A. for any amount of time, you are bound to end up with at least tenuous conection with someone of celebrity note.

Now if you want really impressive, my friend's friend's dad was the frog guy on the old "beauty is skin deep" Lost in Space episode.

BB

Comment

• Lex
                            Moderator Emeritus
                            • Apr 2001

Brandon, that's a fairly impressive list! I only know of one person that could likely top that, and we all know who he is right?

I would trade all those momemts for one, that's bagging Goldie Hawn. oops, sorry, I dont' mean her groceries, lol. Sorry Kurt.

Lex
                            Doug

Comment

• Sonnie Parker
                              • Jan 2002

How bout Hank Williams, Jr.???

Lives right here in Pike County.....

See him quite often but don't know him personally. Angibug does know him very well as she sees him monthly when he gets his hair cut at the shop below Angie's office. He's autographed a few CD's for her (which he hates to do.)

And I don't know Don Sutton personally but he's from Clio, AL., about 25 miles from Troy. He was the strike out king of MLB and played for the Hotlanta Braves....still announces for the TV games.

SONNIE

Cedar Creek Cinema

DVD Collection

BFD Comprehensive Setup Guide

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                                Moderator Emeritus
                                • Jan 2001

I'd like to hear from BOB. I'm sure he's the only one who could top Brandon.
                                BTW: I wouldn't mind bagging Goldie Hawn's groceries. I woouldn't mind even carrying them home for her.
                                No ulterior motive here, Kurt.

My Homepage!
                                My Homepage!

Comment

• LarryB
                                  • Dec 2001

I think I can out-do all of you: I went to high school with Ron Jeremy. (Real name = Ron Hyatt.)

Larry

Comment

Working...
                                  Searching...Please wait.
                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                  Search Result for "|||"