X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • edong
    • Mar 2003

Is this true?

Dear Mr. Bautista,

We don't know why you are inquiring again to Rotel Europe when we replied to you from Rotel Japan before. Please note the e-mail address of Rotel Japan..

As for your present inquiry, you should congradulate yourself first for having a good pair of ears.

Yes, our type of products still require the "warm up"in the beginning of usage, longer at the beginning and lesser time when used often. If again it has not been used for a long time, it would require a longer warm up.

Not as long as the tube amps, but our large filter capacitors, our elaborate driver and power stages, etc do sound optimum after the warm up.

There are a few users who keep the power on at all time, especially for our big amps, but in case of the RB976, as long as you often use it, the warm up time should become shorter and shorter - but then yes it would be good to have a short warm up everytime.

So, there is nothing wrong with our amps. We are just not making the transistor radios. We are genuine high quality hifi products. And we are very happy to see you did recognize the sound quality.

If any further future inquiry, please refer to Rotel Japan.

Best Regards
    Marketing & Sales
    Rotel Japan
    marketing-sales@rotel.co.jp

-----Original Message-----
    From: eduardo M. bautista [mailto:edong@ispbonanza.com.ph]
    Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2003 1:16 PM
    To: info@roteleurope.com
    Subject: rotel rb 976

Sir:
    I wrote to you before about the issue of hertz rating in Singapore against here in the Philippines. You advised me that there should be no problem and that it will work here in the Phil. I was hesitant for a long time to buy even though you said it was fine. But I finally decided to go for it because I really wanted to have one of your products as reviews about them were all good. In short I lost out on the RMB 1066 because it was gone before I decided to buy. Anyway a couple of days ago, I found an RB 976 in one of the stores here and I bought it immediately. My problem is, firing the amp from dead cold gives me a very thin and pardon me saying it, a lousy sound. However, after about an hour or so running it, the sound slowly turns to be beautiful. My question is, does it have to be warmed up before it really gives sound that it should? I believe only tube amps should be treated that way. Does this amp have any problem because it is behaving that way? Should I return it to the store? An hour seems to be short but at 700 watts power consumption, I am wasting a lot of money before I get what I should.

Please enlighten me as I am deeply disappointed. I expected it would give me joy of listening right out of the box. I hope you would give me your kind attention on this matter.

Respectfully,
    Eddie M. Bautista
    Philippines
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Amp warm up time is very real. Some amps have a standby mode to lessen this time to get to maximum performance by keeping some power going to the capacitors, resistors, whatever, but when powered from cold, it does take longer to reach warm up for best results.

Lex

Cable Guy DVD Collection
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Don
      • Feb 2003

Edong,

I'll probably take it back to the store for some testing and comparison with the same model just to be sure. It should not take that long to warm up.

Just my 2 cents.

Comment

• edong
        • Mar 2003

Just would like you guys to know that it is working fine now. maybe it was sitting there at the store for really long time that's why it needed a long warm up. It is shorter now, just a few minutes. thanks

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"