X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SiliGoose
    • Aug 2000

Good topic

Speaking about "other forums" is frowned upon but this link is just filled with stuff that needs to be said.

-Sili
    www.campmurphy.net
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Why am I not surprised. Glad we don't have that kind of stuff here at The Guide.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!

Comment

• Robbie
      • Aug 2000

Sili,

I find it odd that you label DT as a free forum. Has the management changed??? I don't do there anymore after they chastized someone for putting a turtle in his HT story. Have things changed there? If so, maybe I'll return to browsing there. They always had good info.

This isn't a DT flame, just a how are they doing post.

Robbie

Comment

• Bob
        • Jul 2000

I stopped going to that forum at least two years ago when Harv called me and told me I wasn't allowed to even mention tubes. Can't beleive they still have me listed as an expert and that my password works.
        Sili,
        does your email work yet? I have been trying to send you some info.

Comment

• Ricky
          • Aug 2000

Well, I've been moderating the DT audio forum for a little while, and have been taking about tubes. In fact, I just got a tube preamp myself

Comment

• Lex
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Apr 2001

Unfortunately, what happened with Bob was symptomatic of a time. Harv's post about what you can and cannot post was what effectively did DT's traffic flow in during it's hey day. I tried to tell them not to do that, but hey, I wasn't calling the shots. Ultimately, it was a strong factor in my leaving as well. Granted, perhaps there were some problems from a small faction around tubes and cables. But you have to be able to passively control those issues, not through tyranny. People have enough tyranny in their lives without taking it on a home theater forum. Simply, they leave.

Lex
            Doug
            "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• SiliGoose
              • Aug 2000

So, now it's OK to mention "other forums"?

Robbie,

I don't think I ever labled DT as a "free forum". In fact my post in that thread states the opposite. Perhaps you read something else.

Problems begin when people begin acting for reasons beyond the mission statement of the forum. Harv got sick of answering the same questions over and over and did the wrong thing. DT lost its focus but Ricky brought it back. -just as Lex has done here.

Bob,

My email must have an anti-HTG forum member filter or something!
              It's OK now. Just click on my name to view my profile and you'll see my new email address. Sorry for the problems.

-Sili
              www.campmurphy.net

Comment

• Robbie
                • Aug 2000

Sili,

Let me refresh your memory. This may have been taken out of context I didn't read everything in the thread

Mike,
                For the most part, I agree with your statements about DT. Historically, it has been the most free of the forums.
                This forum now appears more "hands off" than it once did (a good thing, except for fixing links, etc.). A couple years prior to Lexman's departure this thread would have been locked.
                I'm now just a bit cautious with my opinion, that's all.
                Just wonderin

Robbie

Comment

• Lex
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Apr 2001

Yeah, I wondered if that meant I would have locked it, or just that during that time period that would have happened from Harv or Todd?

I am really not rehashing much on that timeframe though as it accomplishes nothing. I prefer to focus on the future here, the positive.

Lex
                  Doug

Comment

• SiliGoose
                    • Aug 2000

Oh, I guess I did say that!

Read the posts above that (especially my post prior to that one) and it'll sort of come together.

DT, like all forums, had problems. With some of the chiefs out of sight Ghost, Dean, and Ricky are running a free forum again. It's comperable (though not nearly as "cozy") as HTG. It's all about good people, right?

-Sili
                    www.campmurphy.net

Comment

• Robbie
                      • Aug 2000

Thanx Sili

Like I said I didn't really read the whole thread. But I did always enjoyed Ricky's topics. (but keeping track of his equipment was a real chore) Maybe I'll drift back there some.

Robbie

Comment

• Markj
                        • Aug 2000

DT seems to be gone, does anyone know what has happen?

Comment

• Lex
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          • Apr 2001

Mark, I don't know myself, maybe Ricky knows something. . I know it's been down a week, or close.

Lex
                          Doug

Comment

• Ricky
                            • Aug 2000

A friend told me he tried to log on the site on Monday morning, and it showed some links to an auto-racing site (or something like that). It appeared to him that someone had hacked into the site, which seems odd to me because with DT's low traffic, it doesn't seem to be worth the trouble. Let's hope the owner(s) can fix the site.

Comment

• SiliGoose
                              • Aug 2000

It's back up now. I wonder who would have hacked that site? Hmmm?

-Sili
                              www.campmurphy.net

Comment

Working...
                              Searching...Please wait.
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                              Search Result for "|||"