X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SiliGoose
    • Aug 2000

How do you store your stuff?

What do you use to store your HT stuff? My wife and I are trying to pick out audio racks and CD storage options. Just curious what you guys use.

-Sili
    www.campmurphy.net
  • Burke Strickland
    • Sep 2001

I use two matte black metal Bell'Oggetti tower racks (with perforated metal shelves) to house my components, plus I have a Lovan stand for my two turntables, which blends in well aestehically with the Bello's. I have thought about converting to an inwall rack system to free up some floor space in the HT, but it would take space away from the master bedroom, and I hate to make permanent structural changes like that...

Burke

PS -- 200 of my CDs are in a Sony ES-type carousel and the rest are boxed and shelved in another room.

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• SiliGoose
      • Aug 2000

How about cables? Does the Bello provide enough space to properly 'hide' the cables?

I have a TON of cables behind my Studio Tech rack. Really, I think every available input/output of my H/K receiver is occupied by a cable. The Studio Tech has no facilities for cable management so that's a major concern for me.

-Sili
      www.campmurphy.net

Comment

• Lex
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Apr 2001

How about cables? Does the Bello provide enough space to properly 'hide' the cables?
        You want to hide them? Your obviously using the wrong cables, haha.

Well, it wouldn't blend with everyone's setup, but I have really enjoyed my Pioneer Elite rack. It's a true cabinet design. I removed the front glass for ventilation, and also cut a custom back for it from paneling. Doing away with the thinner board type material with few holes for access. Making the stronger panel, I was able to cut more openings without compromising lateral strength. Worked out great.

It's holding 8 components with about 3-4 inch clearance for amp ventilation on the bottom rack for my amp5.

Lex
        Doug
        "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Robbie
          • Aug 2000

Sili

I use a DIY flexi rack for my audio stuff. The video stuff is under the TV. I like the flexi rack concept cause it doesn't hide the equipment and also allows max air flow.

Hope that helps

Robbie

Comment

• MRWILLL
            • Aug 2000

I use Iron Cast stands from Standgesign that clamp down on each other. They have a 9 1/2 inch clearence. One side has six stands for all my amps, and the other side has six also. For my source components, I measured the pieces that went into each rack (and if the components were shorter), and then I cut the legs shorter for a flush look. Can't see any cables.

STOP!!...LOOK!!...LISTEN!!
            DVD...Hear it from the people who
            mixed and mastered it "LEXICON".
            STOP!!...LOOK!!...LISTEN!!
            DVD...Hear it from the people who
            mixed and mastered it "LEXICON".

Comment

• Bob
              • Jul 2000

I found library bookcases from IKEA work out fine for LDs, Albums, DVDs, and CDs. I put one in each corner and they all are full, each is mixed with books. By putting them in the corners and using some of the shelving for books they do double duty and also work as diffusers. Because my CDs and DVDs were taking up to much shelving I purchased holders from this internet site: http://www.mmdesign.com
              This keeps everything compact, and alphabetized.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Jan 2001

My equipment rack is close to 20 years old and I can't even tell you the make. All I can say is it does the job storing a Denon 3801 Receiver, A Pioneer Combi LD/DVD Player, A Sony 7700 DVD player and 2 VCRs( one connected to my Zenith crt and the other coinnected to my Sony LCD projector ). For DVD storage I am using a media rack from Fellowes, and for cds I use special cd racks and these are kept upstairs in my music room. None of this storage stuff is of the expensive variety.

My Homepage!
                My Homepage!

Comment

• Markj
                  • Aug 2000

I use Salamander archetype racks. It is similar to a flexi rack. I built my own cable management system so all cables cannot be seen. All of my DVDs and CDs are in cabinets.

The cable management was made out HomeDepot metal square posts, which had holes every inch. I cut the posts to size and use U bolts to attach them to the rack. They were painted mat black and blend nicely with my black racks.

Comment

• David Meek
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2000

In the HT room, we're using a Lovan Classic II equipment rack - steel with wood shelves. The shelves come in various heights to fit any component, and the legs are fillable (I use BB's from WalMart). There is no cable management system, so I bought cable tubing from MicroCenter and secured it to the back leg of the rack with black cable ties - works great.

In the family room the equipment is on a Bell'O AT484 rack - steel with glass shelves, and has cable management cutouts in the frame. It'll hold 7 pieces of equipement so the frame cutouts won't hold 30-40 cables - it sounds like you have that many though, Sili. FWIW, this is a fine looking rack.

For media, I had built two media cabinets in the old house (see link in signature), one for vinyl and one for CD's, DVD's and a few VHS tapes (which are now history). I'll do the same in the new room once my other projects are done.

David - HTGuide flunky
                    Our "Theater"
                    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Uncle Clive
                      Former Moderator
                      • Jan 2002

I store my gear for the moment on an all in one unit from Tech Craft
                      http://[www.tech-craft-furniture.com]
                      I am using the W-V48B but will switch to the WF45X Unit.

I find this unit to be versatile. The back spine hides all your cables and it's very airy. A good "Open concept" rack.

CLIVE

HEY!! Why buy movie tickets when you can own a Theater?
                      CLIVE

HEY!! Why buy movie tickets when you can own a Theater?

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"