X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Club condensing

Folks, my patience is wearing thin on some of the clubs.

For a while, Buzz Goddard kept things interesting in Club Tag McClaren. But I haven't seen Buzz in a long time, and not even sure he's still with Tag. Club Tag is effectively dead.

Club BK, has almost died, and it's Moderator seems to be on furlow, not able to contact him by email. Members haven't gotten help the last 2 months, that's not good.

Club Outlaw, very quite.

Club Theta, quite, quite. Same for HK.

Burke is doing the best job keeping his club on the map, nice work Burke.

Right now, I am considering doing away with any club that doesn't see activity, or at least hold promise. That is, unless someone convinces me otherwise.

First to go would be Club Tag McClaren and Club Outlaw. Next could be Club Theta, Club BK.

What we might do is establish a club "high end" for pre-amps and amps on the higher scale. That would cover Tag, and Theta.

I am hesitant about eliminating club HK, as at least there's a lot of products under that branch.

Your thoughts?

Thanks,
    Lex
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

No activity, no club. I don't see that you have a choice.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

last I heard Buzz wasn't with Tag anymore and I agree no activity means there's no interest so dump it. Same goes for Remote area as well. You could roll that into a system integration area if you wanted to where interconnects, remotes, lighting etc could be talked about

Comment

• SiliGoose
        • Aug 2000

I like the idea of "Club high-end" or something to that effect. Group a bunch of known brands together.

-Sili
        www.campmurphy.net

Comment

• David Meek
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Lex, you want thoughts? Man, I got a fresh shipment in this morning.

I'd leave Club Integra alone as it does have some consistent activity. Also, you might want to hang on to Club Outlaw and see if activity picks up now that the pre-amp has been released. Club Harman doesn't have much activity even with the large amount of products involved, and the rest are dead. Consolidating the inactives into a single "high end" club may well generate some activity. That beats leaving things as-is.

David - HTGuide flunky
          Our "Theater"
          Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• P-Dub
            Office Moderator
            • Aug 2000

I'd hold off closing the Outlaw in the first round. Combining the various inactive clubs to a High End section sounds like a good idea.

I too have heard that Buzz has left Tag.

Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.
            Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

• Markj
              • Aug 2000

Since you asked for ideas I just happen to have a couple of extra.

I am not sure what prompted you to start to think about this but I would kill the clubs except for those that have activity. You might be putting potential new comers off by not having their manufacture as a club. Also if you use the high-end tag you might get some bad feelings that a particular manufacture is not included. I would like to see:

Club pre-pro,
              Club amp,
              Club source,
              Club speakers,
              Club video.

I then might consider removing Audio Hideout, Home Theater and Video Shop from the primetime section. This would simplify the decision on were to post.

And for my last suggestion, which I mean no disrespect, I would remove the Not Ready for Primetime section to get those guys to post in other sections. I believe you will gain more members if new comers see a lot of activity. So far the most active is the previous mentioned group, which most likely would be over looked by an HT web surfer.

Until you get the membership size I would limit the groups so those that do post will make this site look busy.

And I don’t mind if you completely ignore this post. I have been told that my ideas suck before. 8O

Mark

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Jan 2001

Pretty good ideas, Mark.

My Homepage!
                My Homepage!

Comment

• Bob Santos
                  • Mar 2001

Very good ideas guy's.
                  I also see no reason to keep an inactive club open. The B&K club is however how I found this forum. It was mentioned in a post I found when researching the B&K Ref 30.
                  I do think if all the clubs were condensed together in a Processor/amp forum, or simply a high end forum things would get alot busier there. Also people will join conversation in posts they never would have even looked at if they were for example in the B&K forum. Rather than isolate conversation about different manufacterers, I say join ALL of them together and let the conversation begin. I believe there will be more talk comparing products, and cross talk between owners of different equipment.
                  When I stumbled upon this forum about a year ago it quickly became my favorite forum. I'd love nothing more than to see this forum grow.

Comment

• Lex
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Apr 2001

Well, I did quite a bit of condensing tonight. Hopefully, it will be fore the best. I do hope that no one is to disappointed. I archived most messages from the other forums to the new pre-pro/amp club. Club Integra, and Club Harman remain. I left Club Harman, because we have staff on board with knowledge in this area. Even though it's not busy now, I do think there is potential there.

I may eventually phase them all out, but for now, I stop.

Thanks for all your input folks!

Lex
                    Doug

Comment

• Lex
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Apr 2001

The reviews section is toast. Individual reviews were moved to corresponding subject areas...

Lex
                      Doug

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"