X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Tweaking the forum functionality

Tonight I combined Club Lex and Club Proceed, opening up new possibilities for discussion with a Club Harman. This brings Levinson, Revel, Citation, all into play. That, and it did away with 1 club.

I also changed Receivers to "home theater", a much more generalized area to discuss theater, including speakers and subs. I hope you folks like these changes. Other than that, a little reordering of forums. (some planned and some maybe not so planned), was all I did.

Any other suggestions? I toyed with the idea of doing away with the remote section and rolling it into home theater.

I also thought about either combining club tag and theta to one, or doing away with them, as they aren't seeing anything.

I am not doing anything rash as I did on one or two occasions early on, rather, I would like input into any other suggestions.

Thanks,
    Lex
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Lex,

I like the changes. :idea: And yes, I'd roll the remotes into the Home Theater forum. If a lot of traffic starts getting gen'd about them, you can always break them back out later.

David - HTGuide flunky
    Our "Theater"
    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

Thanks David! I will try to do the remote thing likely.

Lex
      Doug
      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Burke Strickland
        • Sep 2001

One thing I DON'T like about the recent changes is the shuffling of the "Clubs" listing into psuedo-alphabetical order without some advance warning to people who posted there that this change was about to take place.

Until the reshuffle, Club Integra had built up awareness and traffic to the point where it had been getting daily hits, sometimes multiple entries, most of the time without me even having to participate, to keep the threads alive. By moving "Club Integra" from "last in list" where it had been since its inception, to somewhere in the middle, it looks on casual view, like it has been dropped from the Guide Forums. I sure thought so the first time I saw the new list -- it took some careful reading (and wondering what the hell was going on) to find it.

It hasn't had a single hit since the reshuffle. I'm afraid the "regulars" took a quick look, didn't find it in its accustomed location on the page, assumed the "obvious", and moved on. Might as well have renamed it "Club Incognito"? :>)

After the behind the scenes effort it took to get Club Integra to a self-sustaining status with growing membership, it is disappointing to have the rug pulled out from underneath this way -- "hiding" it from view, and possibly "killing" it. I'm going to try e-mailing the folks I know about who were interested, explain how to locate it in the list, and try to get them to come back, but I hope its not too late.

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"