X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Adz
    • Jan 2004

Theta Casablanca?

What does anyone know about Theta Digital's Casablanca pre/pro? While I've heard "its the be all to end all" in terms of processors (i.e., the upper echelons along with Meridian, Tag, ), has anyone actually heard it (own(ed) it, demo'ed it, compared it to others) and what do you think? I'm not asking if 'the up to $20,000 price tag' is justified, I'm just wondering what members think about its performance.

Thanks,
    Adz
  • Adz
    • Jan 2004

No Theta opinions out there?
    Adz

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

Adz, this is such a high end piece, unfortunately, we just don't have enough traffic to really get a feel for this market as yet. Even Lexicon see's little activity here, as it's just not in the lion's share of the market.

Theta is good gear. The one thing I've heard that I didn't like is the complexity of setup. I've heard it said, you don't set these up yourself, that the dealer does it. One of the things I like about my lexicon is it's ease of setup.

Sound wise, I think it's going to be as good as a home theater processor gets, right there with Lexicon MC-12, maybe even better on 2 channel.

Lex
      Doug
      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Cowanrg
        • Feb 2004

personally, ive heard its buggy as hell and flat-sounding (meaning lifeless, not accurate). this is from people in the industry that sell it or have dealings with it. for that money, meridian is a no-brainer in my opinion.

Comment

• Adz
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Cowanrg
          personally, ive heard its buggy as hell and flat-sounding (meaning lifeless, not accurate). this is from people in the industry that sell it or have dealings with it. for that money, meridian is a no-brainer in my opinion.
          Thanks for the feedback. Yep, I've read about the bugginess in software and the lack of or slow customer support, but I haven't come across any users, dealers or posts in other Forums that made any negative remarks about its sonic qualities - in fact its been quite the opposite.
          Adz

Comment

• jimmyp58
            Super Senior Member
            • Aug 2003

Wow, we all hear the horror stories of the massive manufacturers having horrible customer service but to hear that a company, that is charging what it charges for their equipment giving horrible customer service, is truly incomprehensible. Especially that for the processor and amps the customer 'builds' them ---- wow!!!
            jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

• Cowanrg
              • Feb 2004

actually, it happens more than you think. look at levinson and proceed. both got bought out, customer service went to hell, and proceed went under and levinson is NOT what they were. they are still trying to recover.

bad service and buggy products are the two sole reasons why proceed isnt in business today. their products sounded great.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"