X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nate-Dogg
    • Sep 2000

Lex, You have the Planet.... Try this:

Final Labs Duramas!

I added these to my Jupiter and it made a bigger difference than I thought possible, I use em in combination with vibrapods. Vibrapods->MDF->Duramas->Jupiter, Horizontal and vertical isolation sounds different fuller midrange and an ease to the sound. Cost is about $120, power cords are next!

I can't wait to see the new Sonus, the mini Amati's!

If you want more confirmation the SCD333ES player I had was replaced by the Jupiter due to lack of natural convincing sound. Both the Jupiter and the Planet were great. I've been told over and over that the isolation of the Rega's makes a larger difference than on other players, also you could try power cords. (I havent but plan to soon)

Just to keep yall updated I'm selling my Martin Logan Odysseys for either the Merlin VSM the Sonus Cremona, or the Silverline La Folia, also considering Eggleston Rosa.

It's been a long road and I never thought the Martin Logans would become the suspect but they have.

Still enjoying the cables!

Later,

N-D
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Hey Nate, what are you selling me here? I am not sure I understand what it is that you liked so much? Where to see?

Also, I don't have a Planet, I have a Jupiter.

As to power cords, a new venture of mine has a solution. I will be selling the Eichmann Power Express cable, a very nice power cord that doesn't break the bank. I am running one on my Proceed HPA-2 now, with great results!

Lex
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Burke Strickland
      • Sep 2001

Just to keep yall updated I'm selling my Martin Logan Odysseys for either the Merlin VSM the Sonus Cremona, or the Silverline La Folia, also considering Eggleston Rosa.

N-D -

Glad you know what you want (or at least have decided what you DON'T want) :>) for speakers. Those proposed replacements are all fine speakers, but reading that sentence out loud almost sounds like a quote from Monty Python! :>)

Good luck!

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• Nate-Dogg
        • Sep 2000

So you have the Jupiter also.

Sweet!

A tweekster like you can prolly make these yourself, IMO they are very much worth a try.

Here's a couple of links:

http://www.finallab.com/new_page_84.htm

http://hometown.aol.com/dk405/myhomepage/index.html

Your Jupiter deserves better than those crap squish feet IMO, those squish feet just plain suck.

I was told to try the Aurios or the Final Labs, many people in the industry told me the Rega is very sensitive to the type of damping used, it made things more detailed if you can believe it. The Jupiter seems to have more richness in the sound, a better thing for me, the goal of my system has always been to combine warm musical sound and detail.

Comment

• Nate-Dogg
          • Sep 2000

How do you like the Jupiter?

I'm not sure how many hours yours has but mine is sounding better than ever, break in has never been so obvious as now.

I love the top-loading mechanism and the copper looking circuit boards. Are these copper?

The reason I know the board color is because those threads that hold the squish feet go all the way through the chasis . I've got to get those damn nuts off today.

Just to elaborate on the Squish I couldn't get my unit completely level with my squish feet and they were somewhat un-even otherwise. I could hear the mechanism, now I only hear it on bad pressings like the ben fold disk I have !

Congrats on the Jupiter, I don't regret letting my SACD player go considering I had to force feed myself titles.

Late,

N-D

Comment

• Nate-Dogg
            • Sep 2000

Burke,

I couldn't get the Odysseys to warm up, they had the detail I wanted but lacked warmth.

I suspect the equipment is not on par for these, they need bi-amping with tubes on the top and SS bottom. So many people love these and they are every bit as good as the Prodigy when I listened to the two side by side. They have an appeal that has just worn off after a short time.

I'm going back to the Dynamics!

Comment

• Lex
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Apr 2001

Hey Nate, oh yeah, I love my Rega. It really gave a new level of detail and purity to my music. It's what my 2 channel had been missing. The CP-35/Rega combo with the HPA-2 is a very nice 6K system. (less speakers), 10 with the GPs. I haven't really thought much about bladders and bases, but maybe later when money allows, I may look into some of that. Right now, my Rega and CP-35 sit on a Lovan floor stand with audio points. Isolated from the rest of the system.

I didn't want to spend 2 grand, and the demo jupiter met my budget, and really does a fantastic job.

Lex
              Doug
              "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Nate-Dogg
                • Sep 2000

UPDATE:

I moved the Final Labs Daruma 3-II from my Rega to my pre-amp and there was an even greater effect. I really enjoy the Jupiter also very nice player.

I never thought I would own the same piece as you lex, other than the Grands. Strange that we now both have a Jupiter at the heart of our systems. These bearings are great though !

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"