X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Christmas Traditions

Every family has some special traditions that they do at this time of the year...whats yours?

• Bing Fung
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Aug 2000

Well I married into a tradition of Lute Fisk during Christmas....

Ask any good Norwegian

We always head up to Christine's family farm at Birch Hills, NE of Prince Albert.

Bing
    Bing

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

We alternatly spend christmas between my family near toronto and her family in brandon. For my family it usually involves going out to a christmas eve church service where by sister, brother and I get to laughing over my fathers singing...which of course sets the other off etc. I mean no disrespect to the church but I have many a memorable moment trying so hard not to laugh at church As kids we usually got to open one gift when we got home from that service before we went to bed but thats sort of died out now that we're older. Gifts are opened the next morning after my father gets in from milking the cows (I grew up on a dairy farm) so I have many memories as a youngster being up really early but having to wait till dad got in. Of course as we got older we'd go out and help get the work done so we could get in and open the presents. We tended to have a large meal at noon not supper time but it depended on whom was joining us that year. Boxing day was a leftovers kind of day

Comment

• Trevor Schell
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

We usually get together with my family here in Saskatoon a couple of days before Christmas.
        That includes my 2 Brother's and Sister as we all meet at our parents over a nice Turkey supper and have a small gift exchange.
        Then on Christmas day we stay at home with my wife Tracey and our two Daughters.
        It's nice not having to travel plus gives us a chance for a nice rest.

Boxing day is an early 7am morning to line up at Future Shop to take advantage of their Door Crasher sales.

I sure hope everybody does get to spend some time with their families over Christmas.

Trevor
        My HomeTheater S.E.
        Sonically Enhanced
        C5
        Trevor

XBOX 360 CARD

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2001

I have 3 adult sons who live about two hours away. They come home every Christmas Eve and go back on Boxing Day if they have work the day after, otherwise they'll stay another day.Like myself when I was young, they all are musicians of a sort and our Christmas Eve is often some kind of a musical event. On Christmas day there's the usual exchange of gifts, then the big dinner of turkey and what not that really takes the best oout of my poor wife, but she has her little boys home and that's all that counts.

My Homepage!
          My Homepage!

Comment

• Pj
            • Dec 2001

Here in Sweden, well at least in our home we all gather at our place (mom dad my brother my wife our 2 kids, mother in law father in law) and it all starts around 12 o clock.

We all contribute by bringing some food that we planned on before. I always cook the ham and do the baking, we sometimes buy some turkey but here we have ham like you US people have turkey.

We also have some "sill" kinda like sushi (raw fish) very delicious!!

Well we have a lot of different food on X-mas eve (sausage, meatballs, potato, etc etc)
            and of course some nice beer and akvavit (boose)

After the food part we unwrap all the gifts and the kids are going crazy !!

Then we just spend good time together, i really like Christmas!

Merry Christmas all!

PJ

Hey Bing! Ask any Sweede to about "Lut Fisk", i guess it goes with all Scandinavian countries!

Never tried it though LOL

PJ's DVDs @ DVD Profiler

PJs HT@Telia
            PJ's DVDs @ DVD Profiler

PJs HT@Telia

Comment

• John Holmes
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

Tradition...uh...not at our house!

The only rule is to wait for everyone to be together for the gift openings.

Happy Holidays to all!

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
              "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"