Where are all the 5.1Ex and 6.1 Dts releases ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Where are all the 5.1Ex and 6.1 Dts releases ?

After The Phanthom Menace used 5.1 EX in theaters there was a spate of releases using the rear channel and even a few DTS 6.1 discrete releases such as Gladiator and The Haunting. lately I haven't seen a thing. Did I invest in a new 6.1 receiver for nothing ? Oh,well, can't complain too much. Even good ol' 5.1 sounds better with those extra speakers on the back wall.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

I haven't the faintest George. It is sort of screwy that they get us all excited, trading equipment for it, and boom, nothing else in the format! Grrr...

Of course, I thought ut was strange all along to have ES and EX. Mine does the non-discrete one, and well, I won't be doing discrete any time soon.

Lex
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Trevor Schell
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

I agree!,,
      It has almost come to a complete halt.
      This is unfortunate as the DTS-ES titles that are available are some of the best HT surround experiences one can have.

Trevor
      My HomeTheater S.E.
      Sonically Enhanced
      C5
      Trevor

XBOX 360 CARD

Comment

• John Holmes
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

The industry did the same thing with DTS when it hit the streets. Lots of hardware but...

Even to this day, the DTS software is quite limited compared to is Dolby Digital counterpart.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
        "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Huskerduck
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Oct 2000

Its coming,
          DTS was far and few between but has picked up speed, I think within 3 years everyone will be watching on their widescreens via DVD and DDex, DTSes

This new founded terrorist in America deal has more people heading towards the " stay in your locked house and watch movies" kick

Mark

Ducks Meager Theater
          Mark

Ducks Meager Theater

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2001

Trevor,
            I agree, those DTS discrete titles are tops. Can you imagine how great it would be to have both DTS ES discrete and Superbit ,too. Wowee.

My Homepage!
            My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"