X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SiliGoose
    • Aug 2000

Ultimate Electronics

A new retail chain, Ultimate Electronics, is about to open in my region. I've seen at least 3 being erected. I'm not familiar with this chain and thought I'd see if any of you guys have delt with them.

I'm curious if they sell higher quality audio brands than you'd find at Best Buy. Or are they just a BB clone?

-Sili
    www.campmurphy.net
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Interesting! Never heard of them.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

I thought you were gonna tell us you got a Meridian, Krell amps, and Grand Slam speakers.

New company to me too, I have no idea. But it seems there's always a propensity for chains to NOT carry higher end audio and video. For one, it's not what the masses generally want, and these outfits are about volume. The people want lower cost options for audio video, but seem to not let anything stand in their way on other things price wise. Go figure.

Lex
      Doug
      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Pat
        Super Senior Member
        • Aug 2000

Sili, There is an Ultimate Electronics about 1hr from me.
        I'd say they have some nicer stuff than BB.
        I know the one by me carries Krell, Martin Logan, Pioneer Elite. They don't do you any favors on pricing either. (that I know of anyway)
        They don't sell any software like BB either only hardware.

This what I found @ http://www.ultimateelectronics.com
        Ultimate Electronics, Inc. (NASDAQ: ULTE) is a leading specialty retailer of home entertainment and consumer electronics in Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Iowa, Minnesota, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, South Dakota and Utah.

The company operates thirty-six stores including eleven stores in Colorado under the trade name SoundTrack, seventeen stores in Arizona, Idaho, Iowa, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, South Dakota and Utah under the trade name Ultimate Electronics and eight stores in Minnesota under the trade name Audio King.
        Hope that helps a little.

Pat's Page
        Pat's Page

Comment

• SiliGoose
          • Aug 2000

I thought you were gonna tell us you got a Meridian, Krell amps, and Grand Slam speakers.
          The day that happens you'll find a gigantic order for CatCables in your email box! Let's hope it comes!

Pat,

Thanks for the info! Krell & ML in a Best Buy sized store -wow! Looks like the website is new...there's now much info there yet.

I can't wait until they open...can I do a retailer review?

-Sili
          www.campmurphy.net

Comment

• Robbie
            • Aug 2000

They have an Ultimate Electronics in Albuquerque that I visited once. They had some better stuff than CC/BB but I don't remember Krell. There prices were also list from what I could tell. I will say that I was looking at their TVs and didn't spend a whole lot of time there.

Maybe I'll have to make another trip up that way again?????

Robbie

Comment

• Shane Martin
              Super Senior Member
              • Apr 2001

double post. see below.

Comment

• Shane Martin
                Super Senior Member
                • Apr 2001

Ultimate Electronics is a chain here in Tulsa. They carry mostly mid fi brands like Denon and Yamaha but have also stuff like Martin Logan and Krell. They do discount to 10% if you ask but you have to really push them. Their support is average(had a friend with a problem that got resolved really untimely) and their sales staff is mostly unknowledgable but more knowledgable than say Best Buy people.

Comment

• Markj
                  • Aug 2000

Getting left out. No stores in California, oh well! Who knows maybe they will have blue light specials on Krell.

Comment

• iluvmadrigal
                    • Aug 2001

Ultimate Electronics just opened up a couple of stores here in the OKC area a couple of months ago. They are a high end store in comparison to Worst Buy & Circus Shitty, but they still lack quality service. They do carry some high end names like Martin Logan & Krell. They also carry a lot of good mid-fi stuff like Boston Acoustics, Adcomm, Pioneer Elite, Yamaha & Denon. For people who live on the west coast they are similar to the Good Guys. Ulitmate does not carry any software, but they have all major brands of RPTVs (Pioneer Elite, Mits, Panasonic, Sony, Toshiba, etc.), 16x9 direct view TVs and plasma displays.

They also carry a fairly good car stereo section and offer installation as well to cater to all types of trailer trash.

In OKC a lot of people are going to them because they offer a 1-year interest free deal on big purchases.

Rajiv...

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"