X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • comeup
    • Jul 2005

Something positive from MonsterPower

The right channel on my Monster power-amp starting surging a couple of weeks ago. I think it was caused by my preamp from dropping audio I noticed this a couple of months ago not happening to often then all of a sudden my right channel starting surging badly to the point that it would turn off. I disconnected the amp and still noticed dropping of audio using my Rotel amp, so I believe its the pre.

Well, I was really nervous about using Monsters warranty I thought I was screwed I had the amp for a year and a half with a two year warranty. I thought I was going to get charged for something or blamed for the damage, but to my surprise I wasn't I'm actually impressed with their customer service. I live in the San Francisco bay area where Monsters headquarters is located, so I took the amp there myself. I dropped the amp off without showing a receipt, although I had gave the rep my name and address over the phone. All this happened on Monday I just got home from work a few minutes ago and a brand new amp was sitting on the porch. The amp came from their Reno, Nevada warehouse in two days a hundred pound amp.

I think Monster has been hearing all the negativity from us and has changed some of their ways this was the best customer service I've had in a long time (you would think just fix the amp). I know a lot of you hate Monster Power , but I have to give them their props on this one this was a great experience GO Monster.
    Blake
  • Brandon B
    Super Senior Member
    • Jun 2001

If that kind of customer service went hand in hand with their prices at all times, I would say the latter were fully justified.

Nice to hear a company standing behind their stuff, even if it is Monster.

BB

Comment

• comeup
      • Jul 2005

Brandon,

thanks for the response, I too reconize whats real no matter who the company is I'm surprised there hasn't been that many hits on this thread is Monster unliked that much? I just got in from work and thought there would be many hits. I guest they have been talked about too much and their a boring subject now.

I would also like to ad I bought the amp as a open box for a thousand under retail. You guys think I work for Monster right?
      Blake

Comment

• Brandon B
        Super Senior Member
        • Jun 2001

Monster IS unliked that much and for many good reasons beyond their pricing and "creative" marketing. Most prominent reason is their beyond zealous trademark protection, wherein they have sued numerous businesses for merely incorporating the word "Monster" in their names, almost all of which had no relevance to the audio cable industry in any way. There is a long thread about this started by ThomasW.

These actions are what probably pisses people off most. And it is why I will never buy their product. I do laud their choice to stand behind their products, and think premium priced products with impeccable service fill an important market niche (Runco is a very good example of this). But they do have a lot of amends to make in other areas before you will see anything like forgiveness around HTGuide.

BB

Comment

• comeup
          • Jul 2005

But they do have a lot of amends to make in other areas before you will see anything like forgiveness around HTGuide.

BB[/QUOTE]

fair enough
          Blake

Comment

• Lex
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Apr 2001

Blake, HTGuide as a forum has nothing to do with personal attitudes about a company. A company makes it's own bed so to speak, then they have to lay in it. If the image is tarnished, the company need look no further than the reflection upon itself, it's attitudes, it's actions-

Glad you got your amp problem resolved.

Doug
            Doug
            "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• comeup
              • Jul 2005

Lex, I thought I would bring something that Monster has done good just to be fair to them I know they have a long way to go, but this was a start with me and I thought others should know about it. Funny thing though, I've been using my Rotel the last couple of days and its sounding really good never really listened to it with my Kefs the Kefs are a little on the brite side and the Rotel calms them down a bit. I have to do some critical listening now. I think sometimes when you have listened to the same sound for a while something new sounds really good. The Monster is also on the brite side, but brings out a real clean sound.

Lex, I have a question for you knowing that you are a cableman do you think Monster helped bring a large market to the attenion of quality interconnects and cables? I must admit they were the first I knew about then I later found out that there are several good cable companies out here such as Catcables. I have yet to try Catcables, but I will be doing so in the future I'm in the market for a Plasma for my familyroom and a LCD for the bedroom I will purchase my connecters from Catcables I've heard only good things.
              Blake

Comment

• Lex
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Apr 2001

it was good customer service, that's true. That is not considering product value, vs opportunity cost. (What you could have bought from other vendors for same price.)

Truthfully, I think Monster may have been late to the party, but were really good at marketing themselves. Several others come to mind as early entrants, Kimber and a few others. Some of which may be gone now. However, Monster may well have commercialized cable sales, that much could be true. Then later other companies got on board with better marketing like Audioquest.

Anyway, I am not to much the cable historian. So, I don't know what came first, the chicken or the egg so to speak. I know the first quality cables I bought into via marketing and nice instore display were Audioquest- I admit, pre-Cat, I may have got a couple of M cables, but not many! I think I have an early digital laying around here, maybe an optical, that's it.

I'd be happy if you tried our products, but maybe we should talk about that in the Cat forum. :-)

Doug
                Doug
                "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• comeup
                  • Jul 2005

Lex, Thanks for your humble honest response I have a set of Ms' around too and some Tara Labs, Audioquest, Van Den Hul and many others.
                  Blake

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"