My observation of center channel usage at a United Artist theater.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

My observation of center channel usage at a United Artist theater.

Last night my wife and I saw Ghost of Mars. It was decent but, not as good as I had hoped. Though it did have it moments.

Anyhow, while watching the film, I was intrigued at how quite the center (dialog) was. At first it seemed too soft but, after five minutes I realized it was perfect. The surround effect were just as they should be as well.

I recently saw Planet of the Apes and thought the same thing of it's sound.

Most home systems that I have heard are just the opposite. Just an observation.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

It's been awhile since I've been to the cinema, but I was never very impressed with their sound systems . I'm going to take in a movie this weekend so I'll be paying a lot of attention to the sound.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!

Comment

• John Holmes
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

I too have not been to the theater as much since getting into HT. I usually go about four or five times a year. We only went this time because my wife just wanted to get out of the house.

BTW, I stopped going all together for awhile. Then went to see the Mummy a couple yrs back. I was impressed with the sound and theater. So I began going more often.

That's when I noticed that the "better" theaters were taking more pride in the presentation. Or so it seemed.

The dialog for that movie was as smooth as the recent ones I mentioned above.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
      "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"