X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Heat's Driving Me Downstairs

Well, it's been so hot these last few days, I finally did something I haven't done since replacing my Yamaha A3090 with a Denon 3801 in my HT. I went down there and listened to some music. Why ? Because the temp down there is 70 degrees and upstairs it's 85. Usually though, I listen to music in 2 channel stereo on the Yammy upstairs. But I tried a Louis Armstrong cd on the Denon in one of those dsp modes (Jazz Hall ) and actually enjoyed it. Well, maybe because it was just cooler. I don't know. Anyway, I don't intend for this to become a habit. I still prefer my music 2CH Stereo.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

It's nice to hear that someone has the courage to admit that they use/like a DSP mode.

Isn't it funny how something can force us to try new things? And what we learn when we try them.

Glad that you are enjoying cooler temps!

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

Right now, I am considering mounting 2 speakers on the sides of the fridge and just opening the door and sitting in front of it, lol. Wow, what a heat wave here in the south with the humidities.

Enjoy, even if it's mono George.

Lex
      Doug
      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• KennyG
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Sep 2000

It's strange, but here in florida the heat is not as bad as it was last year. While the north & mid-west is burning, we're actually alittle cooler. (not much mind you)

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"