X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Warning to P&S haters

I picked up a copy of Grumpier Old Men on Saturday, and maybe because it was a Warner title, I didn't check the back jacket. Saturday night I opened the pkg and popped the disc into the player, then lo' and behold, the damn thing was in Pan & Scan. This is the first time I have been fooled by Warner, who usually have wide on one side and P&S on the other, or just plain widescreen. Anyway, the video store wouldn't refund my money because the seal was broken, so I am stuck with it. This has happened to me a couple of times on other labels. You'd think I'd have wisened up by now, wouldn't you. BTW, be careful of MGM titles on sale - they're often P&S.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!
  • JerryW
    • Feb 2001

Had a similar experience with a disk (can't remember the title). I just puit it up for sale on ebay... I lost a few bucks on it, but I did get most of my money back.

We need a better HiFi shop in Knoxville!

We need a better HiFi shop in Knoxville!

Comment

• KennyG
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Sep 2000

I check MGM with a magnifying glass! (ok, not really)
      MGM titles can be terrible, if it doesn't say widescreen and enhanced I pass on theirs.
      Thanks for the heads up on Warner, I'm usually very good about checking every title I buy.
      I used to have a great source for returning titles, even titles I'd had for months, if a new SE came out, I could just return the old one, but, not anymore, so I'm on my guard.

Comment

• Robbie
        • Aug 2000

Yup,

Let the buyer beware!!!!!!!

Robbie

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"