Warning to P&S haters

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001
    • 7636

    #1

    Warning to P&S haters

    I picked up a copy of Grumpier Old Men on Saturday, and maybe because it was a Warner title, I didn't check the back jacket. Saturday night I opened the pkg and popped the disc into the player, then lo' and behold, the damn thing was in Pan & Scan. This is the first time I have been fooled by Warner, who usually have wide on one side and P&S on the other, or just plain widescreen. Anyway, the video store wouldn't refund my money because the seal was broken, so I am stuck with it. This has happened to me a couple of times on other labels. You'd think I'd have wisened up by now, wouldn't you. BTW, be careful of MGM titles on sale - they're often P&S.




    My Homepage!
    My Homepage!
  • JerryW
    Junior Member
    • Feb 2001
    • 9

    #2
    Had a similar experience with a disk (can't remember the title). I just puit it up for sale on ebay... I lost a few bucks on it, but I did get most of my money back.




    ___________________


    We need a better HiFi shop in Knoxville!
    ___________________


    We need a better HiFi shop in Knoxville!

    Comment

    • KennyG
      Senior Member
      • Sep 2000
      • 746

      #3
      I check MGM with a magnifying glass! (ok, not really)
      MGM titles can be terrible, if it doesn't say widescreen and enhanced I pass on theirs.
      Thanks for the heads up on Warner, I'm usually very good about checking every title I buy.
      I used to have a great source for returning titles, even titles I'd had for months, if a new SE came out, I could just return the old one, but, not anymore, so I'm on my guard.

      Comment

      • Robbie
        Senior Member
        • Aug 2000
        • 256

        #4
        Yup,

        Let the buyer beware!!!!!!!

        Robbie

        Comment

        Related Topics

        Collapse

        • Nolan B
          HD DVD Press Release: 300 titles this year, New hardware from Onkyo, Meridian
          by Nolan B
          http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/s...04501052&EDATE=

          Quote:
          HD DVD Studios Project $600 Million in Revenue for 2007; Market to Grow 40 Times the Rate of 2006

          LAS VEGAS, Jan. 7 /PRNewswire/ -- At a press event today at the 2007
          Consumer Electronics Show...
          08 January 2007, 01:09 Monday
        • Dean McManis
          Warner Red to Blu DVD trade
          by Dean McManis
          Warner Brothers announced a program to allow early adopters of the now defunct HD-DVD movie format to trade their old titles in for brand new Blu-ray versions of their favorite movies. Consumers will have to mail their cover art sleeves from the HD-DVD cases to Warner Brothers. The offer is limited...
          23 April 2009, 17:29 Thursday
        • Robbie
          Forbidden Planet
          by Robbie
          Does anyone know if there is there any difference between the MGM and Warner versions of the DVD. The only difference I can find is the Warner remixed it in DD 5.1 (I didn't see where the MGM was done in 5.1) Both versions have P&S and WS versions. Is one transfer better than another?
          ...
          04 July 2001, 10:44 Wednesday
        • Andrew Pratt
          Warner movies availale for download.
          by Andrew Pratt
          LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Warner Bros. has become the latest studio to offer some of its films for download over the Internet.

          The studio will offer some of its biggest recent titles, including "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone," as well as older titles such as "Mars Attacks,"...
          10 September 2002, 10:18 Tuesday
        • KennyG
          MGM...wake up
          by KennyG
          That's it, I've bought my last classic MGM title.
          The other day I bought one of Burt Lancaster's best performances, "Elmer Gantry".
          It's about many things...a snake of a man who do anything to survive, he has no respect for himself or anyone else. It's about a woman who truly...
          09 March 2001, 20:58 Friday
        • Loading...
        • No more items.
        Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

          Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

          Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"