One of my dvd players, will no longer load Moonraker.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

One of my dvd players, will no longer load Moonraker.

My Toshiba 1200 plays all other disc. It used to play this one as well, until recently.

The disc is the OOP version. It plays fine in my DVL-700. I do not understand why my Tosh(which plays all my others just fine)now won't even load this disc.

Any thought's on this?

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Could be that your dual layer adjustment is going out. My Sony S7000 began doing the same thing. First 1 disc, then another. Finally, it got to where it froze on nearly all dual layer discs.

As I understand it, their are separate adjustments from the system level menu that must be done for single and dual layer playback. Just a possibility anyway...

Lex

Cable Guy DVD Collection
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• John Holmes
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Hmmm, interesting point. Well if it's going out, I guess I can't complain. I had it for a year and a half. And it gets used everyday for cd's and movies. So, I may actually have about three years of normal wear on this unit. For $159, not too bad.

So I guess it's time to upgrade!:B

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
      "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Lex
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Apr 2001

Yeah, the advances every couple of years make it worth updating anyway. My DVD playback has gotten progressively better, though not progressive, with each purchase. Love my Elite 301 disc changer quality, Tosh 9000 close to it. So, the Sony just sees CD playback. Something it does very well.

Goodluck John with a solution.

Lex
        Doug

Comment

• KennyG
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Sep 2000

Did you try cleaning the disc?

Comment

• Lex
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Apr 2001

Whoa, look at Kenny coming right over the top of me with highly technical advice. Duh, why didn't I think of that? lol.

Good suggestion Kenny!

Lex

Cable Guy DVD Collection
            Doug

Comment

• John Holmes
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

You guys are too funny!:B Did I clean the disc???

I would have never post a thread about the problem, if I had not tried the cleaning of the disc approach. Yes I did...several times actually.

What I guess shocks me is, the Tosh has always played all the trouble/problem disc without any issues. So why out of nowhere, with a disc that it has been playing just fine? Kindda odd.

But I'll clean it again for a fourth time. lol. :W

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"