X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matt Broeska
    • Nov 2000

what i did for swordfish...

hey everyone.

i had promised andrew some time ago that when the company i work for finished our work on swordfish, i'd write something telling everyone about it, how we did it, etc... well we've finished our work and now it's time to write something. the only problem is, i'm still not allowed to say all that much. i work for a company called frantic films and we did the effect of the bullet time style explosion in the first 10 minutes of the movie. we also were responsible for the previs of both the bullet time sequence and the heli-bus sequence in downtown la.

we're working on putting up a website dedicated to what we did for the movie here. if you'd like to see any of our previs you can go to the official swordfish website and click on "enter password." when prompted with the new password entry window, enter the word "tempest." you'll see part of what we did for the downtown la previs with a voice over from our vfx supervisor, boyd shermis.

enjoy.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Thanks mat..any chance we can get a tour of the building one of these days?

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

Hi, Matt,
      That's an interesting job you have there.

My Homepage!
      My Homepage!

Comment

• Matt Broeska
        • Nov 2000

thanks george.

hey andrew, i'm sure we could sneak you in here somehow. covert op.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Matt just set up a date and I'm sure I'll be able to round up the posse

Comment

• GregoriusM
            Super Senior Member
            • Oct 2000

Matt: Thanks for the tour of Frantic Films and the glimpse into what goes into the feature films, tv programs, commercials, etc. that we see on a day to day basis.

I know you only showed us a tiny portion of what can be done with CGG, but I was blown away!

In the "good ol' days", when the first Mac came out, and for a number of years from then, I was known to be "the computer guru" at my firm, a graphic arts house, but after seeing and hearing about what can be done by a computer sitting on a desktop backed by a small room of servers, I find that the computer industry has zoomed right by me!

It certainly was educational!!!

Thanks again!

... Greg
            Gregor

Comment

• Matt Broeska
              • Nov 2000

hey, greg. no problem! glad you could make it.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

Mat I wanted to thank you again for the great tour..you've got a very interesting job

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"