X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Changed seating for 6.1 and wow

After installing the Denon 3801 a couple of months ago, I just wasn't as happy as I felt I should be with the back channels. Yesterday I decided to move the main seats two feet closer to the screen, which in turn took me two feet further away from the back wall. Well, I was watching Vertical Limit last night and even though it was only 5'1, the improvement in surround sound was astounding.It's amazing what a couple of feet will do for you when you have a LS, RS, two Back Surround speakers in your home theater.Now it's time to go back and replay all those 6.1 titles, such as Gladiator, TWINE, The Haunting, etc.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

George did you reset the distance levels in the Denon to let it know you moved the sweet spot?

Comment

• John Holmes
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

George,

It is amazing what a foot or even a few inches can do for sound in an HT. As I've stated in other post, position is everything!

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
      "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2001

Right on, John.
        Andrew: Yes, I did reset the distance. Thanks for the reminder,anyway.

My Homepage!
        My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"