Explain to me how far this patent could go?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mazeroth
    • Nov 2004

Explain to me how far this patent could go?

"Patent Number 4,267,205:
    Stereo Speaker Systems for Creating Stereo Images,
    for Drivers Arranged in a Long Column
    Patent Number 3,705,501:
    The Use of Equalization to Compensate for
    Natural Frequency Roll off of a Loudspeaker System"

With these patents does that mean you're not allowed to sell line arrays or use active EQ to boost the low end of a speaker? That's how I read them.

EDIT: I've searched and searched on many patent sites and I can't find either patent anywhere. Both numbers bring up patents that are old and are in no way affiliated with loudspeakers.
  • Brandon B
    Super Senior Member
    • Jun 2001

Originally posted by Mazeroth
    Both numbers bring up patents that are old and are in no way affiliated with loudspeakers.
    Sounds like lies and deception as marketing tools to me. Someone should sick the BBB on him.

Comment

• RobP
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Nov 2004

Looks like Patent number 3,705,501 goes to a DISTRIBUTOR WITH ROTOR ADVANCE INPUT CONTROL, and Patent number 4,267,205 goes to a Process for low-temperature surface layer oxidation of a semiconductor substrate. This information comes direct from the US Patent Office............. Sounds like someone is fibbing..
      Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• ThomasW
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

I attemped to email a question regarding this to the email address posted on the IDS webpage. It was returned as a permanent recipient failure, aka not a valid email address.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"