X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Robbie
    • Aug 2000

Did Your Viewing Preferences Change?

I was reading another post and it got me thinking.

Did your HT change your viewing preferences? I used to enjoy many "talkie" movies but lately I just don't get the same enjoyment I used to get from them. Not enough LFE, lack of rears etc. Now I've always enjoyed Sci-Fi/Action movies but not strictly for the visual/sound thing. Well OK, maybe for the visual part. Anyways now I almost cringe when the wife brings home one of her chick flicks because they are so visually and audibly boring. No mater how good the plot is there's always something lacking if my amp doesn't break a sweat.

Robbie
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I've gone thru phases of what you're doing. It does seem more enjoyable when the "amps are working" But I seem to do it in spells. One week it's all hell breaking loose, the next I'm in a mellow mood.

What was strange for me was, the other night I watched a movie on USA. This is strange for me because I hate commercials (when watching movies)! But the film was so good (and it was not action/sci-fi or adventure) that I simply could not turn away...strange.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

I like to mix things up. I can get pretty damn tired of Bim, Bam, Boom all the time, so I look for a good drama, a comedy, a western, etc., to break up the monotony.But I was like this long before I got into the HT thing.

My Homepage!
      My Homepage!

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

we typically alternate back and forth depending on who's picking the movie.

Comment

• Lex
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Apr 2001

I had to do a double take on that title, for a second there I thought you said sexual preferences, ROFL.

Regarding the real question, I think I already went through that phase, and have drifted more back into talk movies. Of course, I do still rumble the occasional thriller as well. Not so much sci-fi as action adventure...

Lex

Cable Guy DVD Collection
          Doug
          "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

He he he what ever you say...

Lex
            Doug
            Lexman
            Hilander
            exLax

Comment

• Lex
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Apr 2001

That's XLex to you good buddy. haha.

Lex
              Doug
              "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Robbie
                • Aug 2000

I still enjoy watching movies without the hype so to speak, it's just when choosing a movie at the local rental boutique now I seem to overlook less robust movies, even comidies my one of my favorite genre.

Maybe I'll grow out of it

Robbie

Comment

• KennyG
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Sep 2000

I mix it up, but lately I have wanted more of the sci-fi/ action stuff, the reasons are simple.
                  With the "talkies" you have to pay attention, and I hate to break in the middle of them...many sci-fi, and all action movies require little concentration so I can do "other things" while I also in joy a movie...a two hour "no brainer" may take me three or four hours to watch...although I only took a 5 minute brake while watching the 1998 version of my newly aquired "Godzilla" the other night! I actually kinda like that movie, and it's something so wild I could probably watch it once a year, which for me is alot.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"