X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stoopalini
    • Aug 2000

Will I miss my HT ?

I'm about to go on a week vacation in Vermont and I wonder if I will have any withdrawl's from my setup

My family has a summer cottage in a small town called Ludlow. It's very primative -- no central heat/AC, no TV, no radio, heck, there's not even insulation -- just a BIG fireplace and 5 bedrooms :B -- my kind of place.

With no TV/DVD/SAT to pleasure my senses, do you think I'll make it? :?
    Will I be forced to go to a megaplex to get a Hi-Fi fix?
    Will I break down and buy a setup for the family cottage?
    Will he ever shut up and finish this POST?

Tune in next week (that's when I get back) to find out!

Thomas.
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

If you're like me you'll enjoy being away from it all...but you'll be glad to be home when you get back

Comment

• Lexman
      Super Senior Member
      • Jun 2000

The last vacation I took, I really missed my gear! That's why I now own a Palm Theater, so when I leave home again, I will be rolling my suitecase on shiny wheels. You know the flat ones with the holes in the center.

Good post Thomas, we will miss your humor while your gone. Maybe Siligoose will drop over and fill the void, lol.

Lex

Comment

• John Holmes
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

I am like Andrew. I'd miss it but, I would not go to get away from it all not to enjoy the peace of getting away. Have a nice relaxing time!

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
        "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Wired
          • Sep 2000

Iam not sure what I miss the most when I go away, my Hometheater or Computer! All these Ht sights are addicting, then so is watching DVDs. Iam the type who cant wait each month for the new release of all the Hometheater mags, but all in all, a week away is not that long, enjoy yourself, and forget what you left behind!

Bruce A
          Bruce A

Comment

• KennyG
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Sep 2000

I got back about two weeks ago, from a week away, had fun and didn't miss it.
            Sometimes ya just gotta getaway from ALL of it!

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"