X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Markj
    • Aug 2000

Magnetic Shielding

When a friend and I were shopping around for speakers for him a comment that one of the salesman made I did not completely trust so I offer here for your consideration. The statement was that magnetic shielding weakens the speakers abilities.

I am not sure that I believe this so does anyone have any ideas as to weather this is true?
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

unless its poorly implemented I doubt it has any effect at all on the speaker drivers.

Comment

• ThomasW
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

If the shielding is done after the fact; like adding bucking magnets, then this can make some minimal changes to the T/S parameters. But with factory build shielded speakers this isn't an issue. It's possible the salesman was confused or just BS'ing

theAudioWorx
      Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Markj
        • Aug 2000

Ok that is what I thought too, thanks guys!

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"