X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

Any MiniDisc fans here?

I just felt compelled to start a thread somewhere other than the TTP.

Anyone on here use MiniDisc? If so, what gear do you have?

I have a Aiwa AM-F70 portable MD recorder, which I make all my MDs on, and also listen on when walking outside or working out at the health club. I also have a Sony MDX-C5970 in-dash MD deck in my car. I'm looking to get a Sony MDS-JB940 (or a 930 if I can find one cheap) soon, to add to my home system.

MD is such a great format. It's too bad it hasn't caught on better in the USA. I've heard it's popular in Europe and Japan.

KJP

Official Computer Geek and Techno-Wiz Guru of HTGuide - Visit Tower of Power
    My HT Site
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I've been getting one since they hit the market. I just never did it. I have a large album collection and thought that the size of the mini-disc made for easy storage. I've also heard that they are easier to edit. I should probably look into this a little more. Now that CD-R is out I'm not sure of the pros vs cons of each format.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• migliore
      • Nov 2000

I think they are great, especially the editting features. I have one of the model sony model 50's, about the size of my wallet (deflated after large purchases!). I like it most for portability - much more convenient than a cdp, plus I think it skips less. However, I hear a big difference between a CD track and a CD track ripped on to MD. Too compressed sounding.

Always thing Sony should have tried to use MD as a data format.

Rob

Reviews and System
      Reviews and System

Comment

• ThomasW
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Kevin

Check with one of the Sony outlet stores for very good prices in their MD players, usually 45% or more off list. They won't give prices over the phone but will tell you what they have in stock.

Check here for a store near you

Rob

MD is "basically" identical to the 3-1/2" 640meg Magneto-optical disks made by Fujitsu.

I have 3 of the DynaMO 640 drives and IMO they are fantastic.

theAudioWorx
        Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"