X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Greg Stone
    • Aug 2000

DVD/Soundtrack combo

Would you spend an extra $10 - $12 dollars on top of the DVD price if the soundtrack was included? Just like a flipper DVD, you could have the movie on one side and the soundtrack on the other.

Some movies I would really like this option, such as Almost Famous. I've also heard the Finding Forrester soundtrack is great as well.

What do you think?

Greg's DVD's
  • Bob Santos
    • Mar 2001

I dont think I would. If I like the soundtrack enough to buy it I would buy the CD. At least that way I have choice weahther or not to purchase it. Another thing to consider is I like to listen to cd's in my car. I wouldn't want to be bringing my DVD's from the house to the car and back that much. Leaves lots of oportunity for the to get scratched.

Comment

• Robbie
      • Aug 2000

Hmmmmm..

Interesting proposition. I don't buy soundtracks so it wouldn't make a difference in my buying habbits but I could understand where it might find a niche.

Robbie

Comment

• Mike S.
        • Dec 2000

Shoot, for the price of DVD's, the soundtrack should be included anyway. We all know how cheap these things are to make anyway....having the soundtrack would justify $25 for a single title.

Comment

• Stoopalini
          • Aug 2000

I think it would be a great option for some DVDs.

You mentioned "Almost Famous" and that's one I would definitely pay $15 extra for if it had the sound track on it.

It's funny you brought this up. I watched "Almost Famous" last night and I kept telling my girlfried that I must have this soundtrack. Man, what a great movie it was

Thomas.

Comment

• Greg Stone
            • Aug 2000

An option is exactly what I meant. Just another choice to make, but on some DVD's I would like the option, and would spend the extra dollars.

I wouldn't want it to become standard, then the dang price of a new DVD would be around $30 or higher, much too high for me.

Greg's DVD's

Comment

• JonMarsh
              Mad Max Moderator
              • Aug 2000

That's an interesting direction. If it weren't that most new DVD's are RSDL, we could have the soundtrack and the DVD movie on the same side, in principle, the same way a Hybrid SACD works. Also, given that most sound track's are only 700 mB or less, there might be room left over with the other "extras" to put it on the DVD layer. Problem is, you'd only be able to play it back in a DVD player.

Which brings up my last point- (I know, I'm getting old on this subject) - SACD. I'd *personally* rather have dual layer hybrid soundtrack CD/SACD's. I understand many may not agree with me on that, but just A/B the Titanic soundtrack on CD versus SACD, you'll understand why I'm motivated to sound a bit like a raving lunatic on that topic. Or A/B Alma Caribenna (Gloria Estefan) or Abraxas (Santana) against their CD equivalents. Or the CD layers of the recent McCoy Tyner releases aagainst the SACD layer- the CD versions, available seperately, is downconverted from the DSD recording, and are some of the finist CD sound available- but... it's like opening a window. Enough ranting.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

-Jon

Earth First!
              M8ta
              Modula Neo DCC
              Modula MT XE
              Modula Xtreme
              Isiris
              Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
              Minerva Monitor
              Calliope
              Ardent D

In Development...
              Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
              Obi-Wan
              Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
              Modula PWB
              Calliope CC Supreme
              Natalie P Ultra
              Natalie P Supreme
              Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
              Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• Lexman
                Super Senior Member
                • Jun 2000

Greg, I wouldn't want to be locked into this, and as an option, retailers are likely not to want to carry both as often as not. Sooo. just not sure this idea is ready for primetime.

They are offering a savings if you buy the CD soundtrack and the movie on some selections.

Lex

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Jan 2001

I don't like the idea. Not all soundtracks are good. If I like I'll buy.

My Homepage!
                  My Homepage!

Comment

• John Holmes
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2000

I would prefer it to stay seperate. I have only heard one soundtrack that I had to have. But that's just me.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
                    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"