X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Surround Audio Info on Covers

Now that receivers with the extra surround back channel are becoming popular, I'm wondering if the studios will start indicating which titles are EX?So far Warner has been doing a good job of this, but there are titles like The Bone Collector and Pitch Black which are supposed to have the EX encoding, but they don't indicate this on the cover information.
    At the moment there is only a handful of titles on DVD. And thanks to Widescreen Review,there is a fairly up to date list of them in their recent DVD Video Guide. They will also be identifying EX titles when they do reviews in the regular magazine. That's great, but this is something the studios should be doing.
    If I hadn't just installed a new 6.1 receiver, I probably wouldn't be ranting about this. But it does appear 6.1 is taking off, so come on studios- give us all the proper details.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!
  • KennyG
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2000

Given Universal's excellent back cover, you'd think they would be a front runner in this also.

Comment

• John Holmes
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Hopefully it won't be as long as it took them to post the proper encoding of Dolby Digital (2.0 vs 5.0 vs 5.1).

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
      "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"