X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SiliGoose
    • Aug 2000

What do you like from CES

Just curious what new stuff you've seen at CES that looks great. I've been too busy to really explore all the news sites so I'm sort of out of the loop.

I have heard Sony is bringing out a $400 SACD player -though I haven't heard if it's multi-channel capable.

-Sili
    www.campmurphy.net
  • Eric M L
    • Dec 2000

Here's my new object of desire:
    KV-40XBR700

Comment

• Lexman
      Super Senior Member
      • Jun 2000

Sili, I can't tell the CRS from the CES myself. Not been to that show, unfortunately! Someday maybe, I will be able to go.

Nice XBR Eric, is that an HD set?

Lex

Comment

• Dave Duvall
        • Jan 2001

So this is the new $4,000, 300 lb., 40" Sony Hard Tube TV I've heard about?

I was hoping it'd be 16:9. Can you tell me more about it? Is it Hi-Def ready with either 720p or 1080i or p cabability? Does it have component input?

See Ya. Dave

Comment

• SiliGoose
          • Aug 2000

I'm not all that impressed by the XBR700. It's just a bigger version of my XBR400. I'm much more interested in the 16:9 Wega direct view they introduced.

The XBR700, like the XBR400, does 480i, 480p, and 1080i...no 720p. Component inputs are a given.

-Sili
          www.campmurphy.net

Comment

• Eric M L
            • Dec 2000

Well, if we're not gonna require our dreams to be commercially available, I'm going to have to change my vote. I give you the "Grand Wega"

An awesome looking TV with the "proper" aspect ratio. LCD rear projection. 50 inch TV (I think)

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

now thats more like it

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"