Clear All
  • musman
    • Jul 2006

Audiophile Breaker box?

Our hobby is out of control.

• audioqueso
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

Rather make one myself. Not hard at all.
    B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• brac
      • Aug 2005

Something not right about the story I guess since canada only allows 15a breakers there are no electric stoves, water heaters, of appliance........
      Go Figure....

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

Wow, sounds good! I have no idea about the authenticity, engineering details, etc, but sounds like a good premise.
        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

• NonSense
          • Nov 2003

Originally posted by brac
          Something not right about the story I guess since canada only allows 15a breakers there are no electric stoves, water heaters, of appliance........
          Go Figure....
          You won't find any reputable electrician who would install a non certified piece of equipment. Liability is too great.

The problem here is the rating of this breaker if it were to be wired to existing house wiring and receptacle. Most existing residential wiring is #14 AWG. If you are talking 32A breaker with a run of over 45 feet you need to use #8 AWG wire. Most receptacles will only accept up to 12 AWG wire size with a few being able to accept 10AWG (Rare). Conventional receptacles are rated at 15 (and 20 Amp, horizontal slot) unless you move to more exotic twist lock types.

It's not the breaker size that is the problem, but more likely that this person was interested in a wiring scheme that was against the electrical code.
          Bruce

Comment

• whoaru99
            • Jul 2004

Pimp my ride...

I suppose if your system is in need of that last 0.000001%, I guess this would be the way to go.
            There are some things which are impossible to know, but it is impossible to know which things these are. :scratchhead:

----JAFFE'S PRECEPT

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"