i'm not a technical guy. The manual says to do (2) for horizontal dot,vertical line and time (min). This is supposedly the Optimum condition for pixel shift. If there are tech guys out there please feel free to chime in.
Preventing Screen Burn in
Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
-
What make/model of set is it? A plasma?
The best solution to prevent burn-in is to calibrate the set properly (turn contrast down is the biggie), and to avoid keeping static images up for extended periods of time.
Pixel shifting can help somewhat, but it's not a substitute for avoiding static images.- Bottom
-
Burn in
Kev,Originally posted by Kevin PWhat make/model of set is it? A plasma?
The best solution to prevent burn-in is to calibrate the set properly (turn contrast down is the biggie), and to avoid keeping static images up for extended periods of time.
Pixel shifting can help somewhat, but it's not a substitute for avoiding static images.
It's a Samsung HP-S4253. Thanks- Bottom
Comment
Related Topics
Collapse
-
by MitchellI just came back from looking at tvs at J&R Music in NYC. I was looking for at the Sharp 37 and 42" LCD which are pricey and the salesman suggested looking at plasmas. He said that the Plasma Burn-in issue was largely solved using tech. nology that rotated pixels, put grey bars on the sides... -
by RandyMiddI found Office Depot was running a special..."save $700" on a Haier brand Plasma TV...I knew the price sounded good but not familiar with the product... I usually research things before I buy especially big ticket items but the stores where selling out quick so I had to decide...I bought one... -
by NicholasTI just purchased a Rotel RA-1062 integrated amp with the RCD-1072 CD player. I connected them to a pair of Pennaudio Rebel 2 speakers with Audioquest Type 4 speaker cable. I have all the components connected to a PS Audio Juice Bar outlet. I played a some CDs on the first day and it seemed to be...-
Channel: Club Rotel
-
-
by Kevin_McCI don't know about everyone else, but I've been experiencing alot of static shocks when ever I touch light switches, my equipment rack and even my gear.
I realized yesterday that they must be pretty strong shocks because yesterday I got shocked by line voltage (don't ask) for the first... -
by CornchipsOut of thre blue I've got static and scratching sounds from the RR channel.
Best part is that you don't even need to be in a mutli-channel mode. That's right - it even spits static when 2-channel bypass is selected.
In multi-channel the RR output is reduced and the noise...-
Channel: Club Rotel
-
- Loading...
- No more items.

Comment