Future of LCD and Plasma...what's the story...???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boombox
    • Oct 2005

Future of LCD and Plasma...what's the story...???

With prices of plasmas hovering around the R13 000 - R20 000 ($2000 - $3000) mark and LCD coming in at the R15 000 for smaller displays, I would like to know if the industry is going in the LCD direction or the Plasma direction....?

Would want to buy either of these in a year/2-year's time.....or a good old wide-screened CRT....
    Regards :T,

Boom....a.k.a...."The Box"
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

I recently purchased a flat panel lcd. It is only a 26 incher for an extra room, but the picture quality is amazing. Before I settled on the one I bought, I visited several electronic shops and , in this area anyway, lcd flat panels are realling taking off, while plasmas are not. The plasmas I looked at were not that exciting to me, but this is a small market and things may be different elsewhere.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

Generally LCD has the below 40" market, plasma above that with a bit of overlap right around 40". CRT's still offer the best PQ of any display and are very inexpensive type but are bulky and getting ever harder to find. Otherwise things like LCOS/DLP/LCD (and again the PQ King in it's death throws, CRT) RPTV's are other options and coming down the line are things like SED and OLED. Try the TV section of the forum for more on TV techs
      Jason

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"