Hi this is my frist thread here, but I have been reading it for a few days now (a gold mine of GOOD INFO, My hat is off to all of you ) Last month I bought my 1st rotel component a RBM-1075 ,used a onkyo TX-DS 797 for preamp for my bar room liked it so much I then got a 1095 & a RSP-1068 All 3 are silver(to up grade from a 630 Harman )in the living room. What can I say ,It was Christmas & I was A GOOD BOY, I have Infinity Overture 3's for front,Overeture 2's for surround , polk CS350-LS center & a Velodyne VRP 1200 in both rooms they sound GOOD,( plan to upgrade to B&W in living room with in a year) All of it hooked up with some very hi end interconnects & speaker wire & power cord(not the big M)(no name droping here as not to step on anybodys toes)(I well give you a try the next time I need some)with a power wedge 1118 condisioner also a Infocus 4805 & 103" screen with a 40" ULTRA LCD (in living room) & 30" ULTRA LCD in bar ( ULTRA is a LCD made for Dish networks hi end customers), a Gateway 64 bit ADM fully loaded in each room. I say always have a backup ! I am remodleing & will send pic when complete(should be in the spring) I am looking at a RDV-1060 & a RDV-1080 both are used.This may not be the place to ask this so for give me if it is not. which of the 2 would you get. I know that the 1060 plays the r & rw mats & the 1080 does not. what I am look for is the best pic & sound from what I can tell they are almost the same any input here would be helpful. Than You. I just wanted to jump in here & get my feet wet
frist time here
Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
-
-
I would post in Club rotel sounds like.am looking at a RDV-1060 & a RDV-1080 both are used.This may not be the place to ask this so for give me if it is not. which of the 2 would you get. I know that the 1060 plays the r & rw mats & the 1080 does not. what I am look for is the best pic & sound from what I can tell they are almost the same any input here would be helpful. Than You. I just wanted to jump in here & get my feet wetDoug
"I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer- Bottom
Comment
-
Hi Sonny, welcome to The Guide. :welcome:
That's quite a set-up you are building if I may say so. :T Sorry, I can't help on the Rotel question, as I'm not one of the rabid gang. See ya 'round the forums..
David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin- Bottom
Comment
-
Definetely the RDV-1060 - this replaced the RDV-1080 and sounds better with more features...I am looking at a RDV-1060 & a RDV-1080 both are used.This may not be the place to ask this so for give me if it is not. which of the 2 would you get.
C U in Club Rotel
Geoff- Bottom
Comment
Related Topics
Collapse
-
by SpadenationSorry in advance if this page doesnt fully load on your computer. Its got way too many pictures on it!
hi there!! finally got a new pre built house and have some ideas for my living room that I have lots of questions about. So I made this quick layout for easy reference. I’ve been...-
Channel: Spaced Out
-
-
by greenhornSo I decided to upgrade, out goes my old 12" CRT TV and in with the new.... Narrowed it down to 32" so that means LCD. I check around a little bit and go with a Sharp Aquos LC-32D43U and mounted it on the wall. Have to say I'm not impressed
What is with, for lack of better discription,...
-
by knight179im looking for a good projector for my living room.im looking to spend up to $3000 on just the projector alone.i heard DLP was better picture quality but i dont mind lcd if dlp is not in the price range. thanks -
by pearsall001Let me preface this by saying that my 2 channel system before the addition of the Ultra DAC consisted of: Conrad Johnson PV14L tube preamp, Consonance CD120 player, Van Alstine OmegaStar 440EX amp, & AAD 2001 monitors. The musicality of the system was superb to put it mildly. I was extremely satisfied,...-
Channel: Audio Hideout
-
-
by Gordon Moorefrom HardOCP:
GFFX Ultra No More:
As we noted here earlier this week, the GeForceFX 5800 Ultra will never make it to retail. Those of you that PreBuy the cards will still get an Ultra model with the FX Flow cooling unit. Those who don't will have the opportunity to get the non-Ultra... - Loading...
- No more items.

Comment