X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blazen69
    • Dec 2005

Cambridge Audio 640A Heat Issues

Just bought a Cambridge Audio 640A. When i play music with the volume about half way up for about ten minutes it gets hot and shuts itself off. Is this a problem with the design or did i get a lemon. I am drving Jamo E650's.They are 6 ohms and about 90 sensitivity.(not hard to drive).Can any cambridge owners comment.Do
    your amps get hot also. Half way up is not that loud so i'm pretty pi*#ed off. :M
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

I'm going to guess you got a lemon, that seems like a shotty way to have a unit work when you drive speakers that aren't some of the most difficult to drive.

It'd take it back to where you bought it or contact Cambridge Audio.
    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan

Comment

• gd
      • Jan 2003

I've got their 540R AV receiver, dunno how similar it is to your integrated... mine does not shut down, even at high volume... speakers are an easy efficient load.

But it does run pretty toasty-warm... but not so bad I can't leave my hand on it for several seconds... it does need significant ventilation, tiny as it is.

If you have already provided adequate ventilation, your only option is to get it back to the dealer and/or Cambridge, as Pewter said.

Stuff breaks... good luck.
      greg (gd to you)
      Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring
      production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.

Frank Zappa

Comment

• theMaximus
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by gd

If you have already provided adequate ventilation, your only option is to get it back to the dealer and/or Cambridge, as Pewter said.
        I agree. Check for ventilation. If that is not the issue, your only option is to return the lemon for another unit. I hope it works out for you. I have Azur 540C CD Player and Azur 540D DVD player that I'm using for my bedroom, and I've haven't had any problems with Cambridge Audio equipment.
        Victory Shall Be Mine!!! :heh:

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"