X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeffery C
    • Oct 2005

Denon DVD 2900 doesn't read Redbook CDs

Denon DVD 2900 plays SACD and DVD but doesn't recognize many redbook CDs. The display shows "0h00m00s". It plays redbood Cds one time in every ten trials if I am lucky. It also doen't play CD layer in hybrid SACDs by just showing "Loading". Anyone can provide me with some clue?

Thanks in advance!
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Could try contacting Denon or do a "google" to see if there's a firmware upgrade....? Otherwise that would sound like a faulty unit to me....
    Jason

Comment

• Jeffery C
      • Oct 2005

I do have a firmware CD but since it doen't recognize CD I am not able to do any firmware upgrade. Feel pretty bad...

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

Is it still under warranty, did you buy it new and has the CD functionality never worked?
        Jason

Comment

• Jeffery C
          • Oct 2005

Actually this is a second hand. And I don't think it is under warranty.

Comment

• David Meek
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

Hi Jeffery, welcome to The Guide. :welcome:

Yeah, it sounds like your unit is broken. Unfortunately, from the symptoms it sounds like a trip to the shop is in order. I'm thinking faulty pick-up here.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Kevin P
              • Aug 2000

Ditto what David says, faulty pickup. Most players have dual lasers, one for CD and one for DVD and SACD. Sounds like your CD laser is on its way out.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"