X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Orange Peel
    • Nov 2004

OT: CES show

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone is planning to attend the CES show from this forum on Jan 6-9, 2005? I'm going to be there, but a couple of my friends who were going to show bailed OF COURSE, so I'm either looking for a couple people to fill their spots to keep the hotel cost down or if I can stay with someone going and I will give them money for the costs, etc?

I'm reserved at the Excalibur right now, and the cost is sickning for the rooms, if 3 people go and stay there it will be $255 per person for the 3 nights total. Not bad with 3 people, but me alone is $767 for the 3 nights, UGH!

Anyways, just throwing it out there to see
    Scott Goldsmith
  • spiffnme
    • Apr 2003

Speaking of CES...I viewed the website and did a search for Rotel and came up with nothing. Aren't they going to be there?

Comment

• IntegrateMe
      • May 2004

I went last year to check out Goldmund, but since my company only pays for InfoComm, CEDIA and EHXpo, CES falls on the outside of the spectrum these days.

It seems that the only real reason for CES is to check out all of the major hi-end 2 channel brands. Or, 2 channel brands that are starting to do HT (Halcro, Cary, etc..) What are you hoping to check out there?

Comment

• PewterTA
        • Nov 2004

Scott, if you had said this about a month ago and given me TIME...and didn't mind the fact that you've never met me, I'd fly down for that and go!!!

Arghhhh, I hate last minute plannings...because I really did want to go to that, but didn't know anyone "that I know" that was going.
        Digital Audio makes me Happy.
        -Dan

Comment

• Orange Peel
          • Nov 2004

IntegrateMe - I have meetings there with B&K, Klipsch, etc, and I plan to check out whatever I can, the more stuff I can carry the better. I have never been and since I started my business I want to get to know my reps personally and meet them face to face so they know who I am and trust me more, etc.

Dan - Sorry dude, I wouldn't mind one bit to hang with you, I mentioned this awhile ago but it was in another post, not by itself like this one. I'm still trying to figure out what I can do to get a cheaper hotel, etc. I plan to go one way or another, even if that means only 2 days there, I want to be there the entire time, but we'll see, maybe next time you can go for sure!
          Scott Goldsmith

Comment

• baxel
            • Dec 2004

Ces/Hotel

Orange Peel,
            I would look into the Texas,Fiesta,Santa Fe, and or the Suncoast hotels. They are a located in the northwest of Vegas but if you are driving it is no problem. You will just have to pay a high parking fee at the CES show. Lucky for me I live in Vegas and attend the show and I still can not find a good place to park. Good Luck. Baxel

Comment

• David Meek
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

Originally posted by IntegrateMe
              It seems that the only real reason for CES is to check out all of the major hi-end 2 channel brands. Or, 2 channel brands that are starting to do HT (Halcro, Cary, etc..)
              What? You need more? :B

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"