X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wayman
    • May 2014

Analog to digital conversion?

Hi,

I have been working on a small personal project that includes a cassette recording of my great grandfathers pioneering experiences. The cassette was recorded decades ago and is not the best quality.

How to digitize? I suppose I will need a converter. Any suggestions on an inexpensive way to do this?

Thanks, Wayne
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

If you are wanting cheap and inexpensive, there's Cassette to USB devices.... could probably try one of them.

or you could go WAY on the other end and get a nice cassette player, then get a nice analog to USB converter. This will give you as good of results as what the cassette can dictate, but you will be spending a lot more than the cheap version...

with you saying they aren't in the best quality, I'd be tempted for the cheaper route... but you can easily fall down the rabbit hole in expense on a project like this.

-Dan
    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan

Comment

• Wayman
      • May 2014

Thanks Dan,

I think the Retro converter is the ticket! I don't want to spend anymore than is necessary.
      Besides scratchy & grainy will be part of the charm!

Thanks again! Wayne

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"