• Apr 2001

Top 10 BD discs this week according to blu-ray.com

Updated 4/2/13

1. The Bible: The Epic Miniseries
    2. Les Misérables
    3. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
    4. Lincoln
    5. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey 3D
    6. Red vs. Blue: RVBX: Ten Years of Re...
    7. Game of Thrones: The Complete Secon...
    8. Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase On...
    9. Treasure Planet
    10. Justified: The Complete Third Season

Previous weeks:

3D seems to breath new life into old movies...

1. Skyfall
    2. Game of Thrones: The Complete Secon...
    3. Argo
    4. Monsters, Inc. 3D
    5. Game of Thrones: The Complete Secon...
    6. Sinister
    7. The Terminator
    8. Top Gun 3D
    9. The Perks of Being a Wallflower
    10. Argo

I don't know why Argo is listed twice. They must have liked it.
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

Game of thrones is listed twice as well......strange. So really we're looking at the top 8....

Comment

• Kevin P
      • Aug 2000

For Argo, one is the regular version, and one is the "Target Exclusive" version with bonus content.

For Game of Thrones, one is the regular version, and one is the "Best Buy Exclusive" version with DigiPack / Lannister Packaging....

Comment

• Hdale85
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2006

Well that's just crazy.....

Comment

• Lex
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Apr 2001

yeah, it's still the same movie, so I don't think they should be broken out like that. give us 10 unique films. That could also change the number 1 seller status, potentially. Though I doubt much could beat skyfall this week.
          Doug

Comment

• Hdale85
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2006

Game of Thrones is amazing So who knows. Can't wait for the next season to start.

Comment

• Chris D
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Dec 2000

I have no problem with there being multiple versions of a video/movie disc, for format, content, extras, little memorabilia for collectors, whatever. But I can't STAND it when they make them "exclusive" to one particular vendor like Wal Mart or Target. I'll go to Amazon and shop for what particular version of a disc I want. (usually, I end up buying the top non-collector version in BD, so I can get DVD, BD, digital content capability, 3D maybe for when I get a 3D TV in the future) But I am NOT about to go shopping around to every major retailer to see what version they have, so I can get the optimal disc. Retarded.

You know, I watched the first couple Game of Throne episodes, on demand on my Dish Network. I actually didn't really get into it. I wonder what it is I'm missing about the show.
              CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
              - Pleasantville

Comment

• Hdale85
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Jan 2006

You have to be into that type of genre I suppose.

Comment

• Lex
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Apr 2001

Chris, I also agree about versions unique to certain retailers. My only point was, that BD should lump them all together for count purposes. But why have them anyway.
                  Doug

Comment

• Burke Strickland
                    • Sep 2001

One presumed advantage the "exclusive" packaging has for the retailer is that it gets them off the hook for price matching. For purposes of illustration only, the "version" at Target that is two dollars less than the "version" at Best Buy is not the "same" even though the difference may just be a cardboard insert with the characters' pictures inside the shrink wrap. Therefore, Best Buy will not honor the other retailer's lower price on the same movie title. And you're getting that great "exclusive extra" when you pay their higher price. :>)

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• Ovation
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Sep 2004

They do the same with gear--slightly different model number, otherwise identical and voila, no price-matching.

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"