• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • munawar
    • Oct 2004

Amp Selection

Hi,

I Currently Own The Following Set Up:

Hk Avr 7500, Kef Q Series Speakers (5 Fronts, 3 Rears And 9c Centre) And The Rel Q150e Sub. I Am Thinking Of Changing My Amp To Either Of The Following (speaker Upgrades Later But Fronts And Centre Only):

Rotel 1068 & 1075 Or The Denon 5803 (aka The A1sr). Please Advise. Another Choice Is The Arcam Avr300. My Primary Use Is Home Cinema But Would Like To Listen To Good Music Sound Also. Is This Possible With The Above Choices

Thanks

Munawar
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

Munawar,

I can't comment on the Arcam AVR300 Reciver - but I can on the Rotel vs Denon... Take the Rotel hands down. See this THREAD for an example and there are several others if you care to use the search function...

Here's a link to an excellent review of the Arcam AVR300 for you... The Rotel web site has similar excellent reviews of the 1068 and 1075...

Both Rotel and Arcam pride themselves on making HT components that are also good for music - and I would bet that neither would disappoint you...

I suggest you demo the Rotel and Arcam on the same source material and speakers if you can... Should be easy in the UK (which is where I am guessing you live)...

Geoff

Comment

• munawar
      • Oct 2004

i made a boo boo

I upgraded my speakers to the XQ series 5s, 3s and the 2C. this is not the bad part. I bought the arcam avr300 and the p35 power amp. The guy who came to install it may not have done the hook up correctly. the owner of the store is coming on wednesday to check why it sounds like shit. really bad. I wish i lived in london customer service rules. I live in Karachi where customer service whats that? is practiced.

I am really upset the reviews discussions on the arcam are brilliant. so why is it sounding so flat. a afriend of mine said the reason could be that my previous amps like the Hk 7500 and Denon AVC A1SR (which I traded in for the arcams I had it for 3 weeks and I really liked the sound so WHY WHY). However I have faith in the arcams beacause this is a serious company. fingers crossed will investigate every nook and cranny of his installation.

Comment

• atm495
        • Dec 2004

How did you make out?

I recently purchased the AVR300 and I'm currently shopping for speakers to match. The XQ's are a set I was planning to check out.

Thanks,

Jason

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"