Hi, I've heard of people using weatherstrips from home depot and places like that, and tape around the door to help keep the outside noise out. I also just found out about a site called soundprooffoam.com and their sound barrier products are alot more expensive and plus I'd only need about a 1/2 inch thick, 1 inch wide and about 10-15 ft. long just to help blocking out the noise, light, and wind coming from the outside. Any suggestions?
anyone fooled around with soundproofing?
Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
-
Tags: None
- Bottom
-
soundproofing tapes
Hi,A call to your local 3M technical representitive may be worth while as they have a huge range of tapes although I suspect almost any high density self adhesive foam tape would acheive an improvement.Are any of the areas you wish to seal exposed to the elements?If so a conventional weather barrier tape may be a better Idea.
I suspect if you described the sound proofing tapes properties to the tech rep they could point you to an alternative.
Brendon- Bottom
Related Topics
Collapse
-
by LexCame across this company called Quit Solution, specializing in sound barrier materials. thought it might be helpful to someone.
http://www.quietsolution.com
I noticed they even have a web book for free download on soundproofing. Something to add to the wealth of information...-
Channel: Spaced Out
-
-
by kpodolskiI have a Sony TCK-850ES tape deck. Overall, the unit is in great shape except for the fact that it is eating tapes. Specifically, it is acutally turning/twisting the tape while it plays. I've tried, gently, cleaning the pinch rollers and playback/recording head with 90%+ isopropyl alcohol and swabs...-
Channel: Audio Hideout
-
-
by RenoReno2Hello All,
Was just curious if anyone had any tips on soundproofing. Basically atm the entire basement is gutted atm. So I'm free to to do as I want but cost effective as well. I'll be needing to soundproof walls and ceiling in my application. I've found this site, http://www.qui...-
Channel: Spaced Out
-
-
by Paul HI've got my new home under construction which will have space for a home theater in the 17'x24' range when it's completed. The room will be in the basement of a bungalow, in a corner (2 exterior concrete walls).
I'm looking for very good soundproofing - think reference level home theater...-
Channel: Mission Possible DIY
-
-
by godzenAccording to************* Sonic Barrier from PE does more harm than good compare to no Rez. In his explanation, only the foam layer of the SB is useful. The barrier layer is essentially useless or does nothing beneficial to the sound. I'm in the process of building a center channel with the PE stuff...-
Channel: Mission Possible DIY
-
- Loading...
- No more items.

Comment