X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eagles41
    • Sep 2004

D25 Pin to D25 Pin Connector

I recently purchased an RTC 695 AV Pre-amp and an RB985 MKII power amp. I am lacking the D25 to D25 cable that connects the pre-amp to the power amp. Can I use a standard 3' printer cable or does the system require a higher audio grade cable. If so, I would appricate it if I could be directed to where I can purchase one.

Thanks!
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

Eagles,

You will need a special cable. D25 to D25 connector cables have lots of different wiring options with only subsets of pins crossed over. Sometimes only 3 or 4 of the 25 pins are connected!. You need the manufacturer to specify the type of cable and then you can buy one.

The link to the Rotel Manual is HERE. Interestingly let me quote
    The RB-985 MKII is also equiped with a DB25 type input. This input is typically only used in professionally-installed custom systems. The DB25 input duplicates the function of the five RCA inputs. For information regarding how to use this input, contact your nearest authorized Rotel service center.
    So at least 5 pairs on wires must be connected in the DB25 but which 10 of the 25 wires? Also you can use the RCA connectors...

Personally I'd use the RCA connectors for better sound quality - however an Email to Rotel on techsupport@rotel.com will give you the cable specs and details of how to get them...

You could also try a post in Club Rotel in this same forum... Someone there is bound to have tried the cables...

Geoff

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"