X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kodaz
    • Aug 2004

What cables do you use?

Hi guys,

As I am very interested in this cable thing out there I thought I'd ask what cables you use. If you have any pics too, that would be great.

I just use plain old Blue Jeans Cabling for the interconnects and Proel speaker wire with bananas because it makes it that much easier to chnage them.

And please no discussion on why expensive vs cheap cables are better or worse.
  • ht_addict
    • Dec 2002

Kodaxz you have to watch what you ask. You'll find out that discussions on cables and interconnects and what types people use can get out of hand. To keep it simple and bought only because of price I use:

Speaker cable: AR Master Series 10AWG
    Interconnects: StraightWire
    Component: StraightWire SilverLinkII
    Optical: Pure Glass

ht_addict

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

Since this forum is sponsored by and owned by the same person as a cable company, namely me. These types of threads serve no useful purpose for the board. We aren't about listing every cable known to man at HTG. Some may disagree with that, and to them I just say those others don't pay the bills here at HTGuide, CAT does.

We don't shut down all casual cable talk amid component discussions, but everyone listing their cables serves no real purpose on this board. On other boards, it may be just fine. Ours is a unique board/cable relationship.

Regards,
      Doug
      Owner
      Doug
      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Kodaz
        • Aug 2004

Sorry,

Didn't mean to step on toes. I was just interested is all.

Comment

• Kodaz
          • Aug 2004

You know Doug,

The more I think about it the more your actions seems quite out of place.

This could have been a great oppurtunity for all your customers to say how great Cats Cable are.

Instead you have taken what I perceived to be a nice, free, open forum where sharing is welcomed to some Nazi, draconian place were open threads are stamped on because you don't approve.

I guess this will be my last post. Feel free to flex your power and ban me.

Later

Kodaz

Comment

• ht_addict
            • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Kodaz
            You know Doug,

The more I think about it the more your actions seems quite out of place.

This could have been a great oppurtunity for all your customers to say how great Cats Cable are.

Instead you have taken what I perceived to be a nice, free, open forum where sharing is welcomed to some Nazi, draconian place were open threads are stamped on because you don't approve.

I guess this will be my last post. Feel free to flex your power and ban me.

Later

Kodaz
            Your not the only one who's noticed this.

ht_addict

Comment

• aud19
              Twin Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2003

Guys, it's his site, be respectful. I don't come to your house and tell you how to run it. End of story.

Locking this thread.

Jason
              Jason

Comment

• Lex
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Apr 2001

Kodaz, the rules have now been plainly stated. Read the Announcement-

If you don't agree, please just leave. This isn't a popularity contest for me, and it isn't a democracy where you get some vote on how things are ran here. I make the rules here, and guys like Jason assist in enforcement.

HT Addict, I've known for a while how you feel about my cable rules. Doesn't change how I feel.

The rules have been plainly stated, anyone that doens't agree please just quitely leave. I will delete any future nazi or draconian type comments without further comment. I take offense to that statement! One more outburst like that, you won't have to worry about asking for your member profile to be deleted, it will be taken care of for you at least in the form of a 30 day ban initially.

Doug
                Owner
                Doug
                "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"