X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tomj1
    • Jul 2004

Need some advice

I am putting together a home theater system. Here's what I am thinking so far
    1. BESL 2.5LCR with the matching subs and center channel.
    2. Harmon makes a reciever (can't remember the model No) that has seven pre-outs for $479.00 that would give me flexibility down the road to add additonal amps.
    3. Rear speakers I have not decided on although I have seen some good DYI plans for mounting on the rear walls.
    The room is 25 x 30 with a cathedral ceiling. Video, I don't have a clue. Should I look at projection? If so what are the cost. Is my ceiling an issue?
    DVD player???
  • Bestinshow
    • Jul 2005

Hey, well thats a decent sized room. i deffently say go with the projector. it is a dark room or a light room, can you make it dark? if so how dark?... Projectors prices range from around 1,000 and wayyyyy up. If you have a dark room, then you will be able to buy a good projector with HDTV for around 1,000 including a screen. Also, youre going to want a DVD player with progressive scan. DVD recorders are becoming very popular, they allow you to copy favorite shows and or movies just like a VCR used to, they record in real-time.

Hope this helps

Ben

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"