Does anyone has any info on Onkyo DV-C600?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vasia
    • May 2004

Does anyone has any info on Onkyo DV-C600?

I am thinking about getting used Onkyo DV-C600 6-disk changer for about 60$ used. It was top of the line model few years back and all the reviews state its unbelivable sound/picture quality. It has some shortcomings, such as inability to play CD-Rs, mp3, SACD (it can play DVD-Audio) and lack of progressive scan (but my TV does not support it anyways). In addition some of these have relyability issues, but the one I am getting seems to be fine. I am primarily interested in using it to play CDs and occasionally DVDs, that it for now. Can someone tell me how its picture/sound quality stacks up against modern day inexpensive DVD players? I just want to get a very economic sourse for now (<80$) and maybe upgrade it later.
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I can't speak to that particular model, but Onkyo in general has a reputation for making quality gear. That being said changers in particular have more moving parts and are therefore more likely to break or wear out. If you know the history of the unit (the owner maybe) then you can get an idea as to how it's been used/abused?

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• vasia
      • May 2004

I think I can figure that out. I also have a more general concern. I am not ready to upgrade my sources right now (Toshiba SD-3190 and cheap universal Yamakawa player) spending any serious funds. So I know a guy who is selling his DV-C600, which few years back was "top of the line", so I figured maybe I could get a decent upgrade for the near future not spending much and using DV-C600 as mostly a CD player. However, I am not sure if it makes any sense at all or just a waste of 60-.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"