• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

Pioneer DV-59 AVi DVD player

Hello everyone,

I have just purchased the Pioneer DV-59 DVD player, which plays both SACD's and DVD-A's, quite a beast (upgraditis strikes again). However it seems I can't provide much feedback, my Rotel RB-1080 blew it fuses (for the second time) and is currently in the shop. I digress.

Does anyone have any comments on the capabilities of this player, I was going to purchase the Denon 2200/2900, but my dealer cut me a deal on this one, not much, but enough to make me purchase it (even though there is a waiting list).

Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Azeke
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

I believe the 59 has a pretty good reputation, if memory serves me correctly. aside from that, I've had good luck with Pioneer DVD players. As far as Chroma bugs or such, I can't tell you about that. Most it seems have it at least a little bit.

Lex
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Azeke
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2003

Thanks for the update Lex.

I initially made this purchase because of the HDMI and ILink digital interfaces, as well as, it plays both SACD and DVD-A :T .

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"